Kona Brewing Company

Sheila1

Hi all!

When we are on Kona, we were thinking of going to this place for a tour, lunch and of course BEER!

Location is listed as:

75-5629 Kuakini Highway, Kailua Kona, Hawaii 96740

We will be doing the Captain Zodiac tour in the morning at 8:30 so figured we would be back at port around 1:00ish at the latest.

Does anyone know how far this is from the port, and do we need a car to get there, or is there a bus or some other way to get there.

Thanks!

Hi...I LOVE that place. Eat outside, but there are flies out there. Its just quieter and more vacation-like when youre getting a buzz on at sunset in Hawaii! :)

Its' not walkable and there are no busses there that I know about it. The traffic there is VERY fickle so it could take 10 minutes or much longer. Its actually a little tucked away from the malls that are nearby. I would rent a car....but I am a big proponant of car rentals on Hawaii anyway.

ENJOY! It possibly was the best casual meal we ate while on the BI.

Yes, it definitely is within walking distance of the pier. Kuakini Highway is just one block from the pier and the Kone Brewing Company is located in the back of the shopping center located right on that corner. At least that was where it used to be.

Thanks for the info, I actually did a search and found some other posts and one that gives the exact walking directions from the pier.

So if it is still where it used to be then we are in luck!

Can't wait to try it out :)

Yes, it definitely is within walking distance of the pier. Kuakini Highway is just one block from the pier and the Kone Brewing Company is located in the back of the shopping center located right on that corner. At least that was where it used to be.

That's good to know. I guess we lost our sense of direction since we drove there from our hotel....an not the pier.

These were the walking directions I found from the pier when I did my search:

"Go up Palani to the intersection with Kuakini, turn left, go to the intersection with Kaiwi St., go up a block, turn right at the furniture store (Koehens), and you should see the signs."

Hope that helps!

Most of the time the ship's folks only confiscate hard liquor, not wine or beer, but you should check with your particular cruise line for their policies.

The directions are correct. There used to be access from the parking lot behind the tire store, but there was some kind of blow up between the owners of the shopping area and the owners of the brew-pub and now there's a big fence, so you have to go up to the corner, turn up Kaiwi, then a right turn at the furniture store, and go down about a block or so. You'll see signs.

It is certainly walkable from the pier, but there are some fairly steep uphill sections, and not much in the way of sidewalks, so be cautious and keep an eye on the traffic, especially on your way back, after you've had some of the Long Board or the Pale Ale or their other brews....

We just returned from Kona this weekend, just prior to the earthquake.

From the pier, after turning right on Kaiwi, take a right on Pawai. It's all the way down at the end. It will look like you're in the wrong area as there's a warehouse on the left and a cyclone fence on the right. When you get to the end you'll head right and the entrance is around the corner. They've posted some pretty good signs which give directions from the pier.

Try the cajun tomato sauce. It's got a wonderful spicy kick to it!

Hi,

Are you doing the Captain Zodiac tour through NCL or did you book it directly on their website? It looks like it would save you $10.50/pp to book through them but I'm not sure if you would need transportation if doing it direct.

HI,

My DH and I just returned from a two-week land vacation in Ohau and Kona today...... so sad!

Regarding the Kona Brewing Company, we had the "Captain Cook" pizza and some great beer for lunch one day while we were in Kona, and we LOVED IT! It was one of our favorite meals on the island!

Have a great time,

Peggy

Archived