Stateroom Decorations

We did the bon Voyage decorations on the Explorer for a couple we were sailing with that was on RCL for the first time. I thought they were 'cute" but the reaction from them when they opened their cabin door and saw them...made the decorations seem more spectacular and worth the expense!!

Yes, they are worth it. Like dzboss1 said, the reaction you will get is well worth the $30. For my wife's birthday in 2004 I had them decorate our cabin while we were in Nassau. She was all upset that we didn't get to go to Grand Cayman, itinerary change since GC was hit by a hurricane and she wanted to swim with the stingrays, and that we didn't make it to a beach in Nassau. But, when we got back to the ship and she opened the cabin door to see the room decorated she was so surpised and it made up for the other things.

Might be a bit pricey, but you're on a cruise, what isn't? :p

Glad to hear they're worth it. I have them ordered for my mother in law on our upcoming cruise. She's 82 and it's her first cruise.

My father in law always refused to go on a cruise, he said he took one once and didn't like where it went. It was the Queen Mary to Europe and he was on his way to fight during WWII.

When I cruised with my girlfriend Joann, and my brother and his wife, on formal night my brother bought us all roses. We chuckled because he didn't realize what the table would look like with two dozen roses. One for his wife and 6 for each Joe and I. One gentlemen came over and said to my brother, "You must be doing something right!" I'm sure it was expensive but it was definately the wow factor, that made it special.

Just...well... 2 weeks ago... has it REALLY BEEN THAT LONG ALREADY :o ...got off the Vision (Repositioning Cruise). It was my 10-year Anniversary gift to DW (and I guess I didn't fare bad either while at it ;) ). I ordered 'Happy Anniversary' Decoration Package and, IMHO, it was well worth $30.00. She was Happily Surprized and it did add a feel of 'festivity' to the cabin.

I think you made a right choice. Sometimes, it is not how much things cost but how much they will mean - and this one surely delivers!

As far as flowers - you can get a bouquet into the cabin also (IIRC, its about the same $30.00)

Have a Great time and enjoy!!!

I have ordered the birthday stateroom decorations for my dh birthday which is while we are cruising in January, it's his first time cruising and have all sorts of surprises planned. We sail on the Saturday and his birthday is on the Tuesday so the room will stay decorated the rest of the week.

Christine

I packed streamers, balloons, & a "Happy Birthday" banner, and decorated the cabin while grandson was at breakfast with DH. He was happy. the steward left him a cupcake with a little candle on it. At dinner, we had a small cake delivered to our table as well. I think it was only ten dollars.

I also appreciate the input. This will be DH's and neighbors 2nd cruise and my 4th cruise. We have encouraged a workaholic to take his first vacation in decades and he will be traveling with us and is a cruise virgin we are hoping he will be hooked. I was thinking that if neighbors and I go in together and make it even better by ordering the Bon Voyage package for him then bring our own decorations and do his door. I am involved with a playgroup and have all the kids decorate things for me to hang on my door. The kids get a kick out of it when I show them the pictures of all their things taped to my cabin door.

My daughter and her friend turned 16 one day apart and I took them on a cruise for their birthdays. They were very surprised by the room decorations. They loved them. There was also a cake which they nibbled on over the weekend during the 3 day Majesty cruise. It was worth the $30 just to see them walk into their room for the first time at 1pm on boarding day.

Archived