taking alcohol aboard

My husband and I are going on the Mariner in a few days, and it is RC's policy that no alcohol can be brought on board. However, you can get a bottle through them, just don't know if they offer what you want:confused: . If you search alcohol on these boards, you can see some "other" suggestions, but the official answer per RC is no. But still have a Happy, Happy Celebration:) !

dyanrider,

Have a read of the more than 60 posts at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=419131

Simple and Direct answer - NO!!

RCCL (in it's drive for more revenue and just perhaps in their view, some additional passenger protection) has recently issued an edict that there shall be NO ALCOHOL brought on board - and if you do so, they may (at their discretion) deny boarding with no compensation!! Their rules!!

Unreasonable? I think so!! There are so many other opportunities for pleasant cruises that I am sure RCCL will experience the loss of some who prefer a nice wine with dinner (not the overpriced stuff they carry on-board).

Bummer about the "no bringing alcohol on" policy. We sailed Princess last year and took on a whole case of good wine for a family reunion and only paid corkage fee. May rethink who we sail with in the future.

Saw a suggestion to have something delivered from land to the ship does anyone know of this service in San Pedro?

Still looking forward to our 31st anniversary on the boat!

Thanks for all the help.

Nope, any packages being brought onboard gets scanned. And security isn't going to allow anyone through who isn't a cruise passenger. I'm sure if you buy alot of stuff, they will deliver it to the ship, but if its alcohol, they hold it until the last night of the cruise.

I'm not sure how strict they are with wine/champage. We were on Explorer a couple of weeks ago and, having just read a report of someone's wine being confiscated from their checked luggage, decided not to try it. When we got to our cabin, which DH had decorated for my birthday, he pulled a bottle out of his carry-on so we could toast. Had no problem with it at all. So, I'd say go for it - if they take it, you'll get it back.

Archived