We booked the silver moon 1

Spanky My

Agree with Michelle. It's absolutely worth every penny and then some. It's such a great excursion that my best friend wants to repeat our Serenade cruise so she can go back to Barbados and do the SilverMoon again - and she doesn't like port intensive cruises.

for the positive feed back. It looked like a nice cat from the pictures and we did get quick responses to our emails when booking. So they seem to be attentive people. Anyway I do appreciate the replies...........Spankymy

I have enjoyed reading the threads on this trip and MOST are positive. It was a little spendy and hope with only 12 people on board that allows plenty of room for everyone. Good choice ????

The Silver Moon Cats are nice and large. There is plenty of room for everyone onboard. Although they only book about 12 passengers, if this was a ship sponsered tour, they would be cramming at least 40 people in. So you made the perfect choice.

To all of you who have taken this excursion, did you fax in the confirmation form (ie visa # etc) versus using paypal or other security system? Never confirmed this way, seems odd?

Yes, I faxed it in both times. We had no problems at all. The payment was posted on the next month's MC bill.

• 2 weeks later...

we took this tour just last week...you won't regret it-it was wonderful!!!

silvermoon 1 only has 12 people aboard while silvermoon 2 holds up to 40...we were on silvermoon 1 and had exactly 12 people on board...you will feel like the rich and famous for a day-it was great!!

lunch was delicious and they have alot!! we had flying fish, chicken, rice, pasta salad, cole slaw and garlic bread..as well as all the drinks you could want-from juice in the am to pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris in the afternoon!! :)

we were on this catamaran for 5 hours and it was the highlight of our cruise!!

there is plenty of room to enjoy the water and sun...you can lie out in the sun on the deck or sit on the back and let your feet dangle in the water as you sail...or if you want shade, there is a place to sit where the sun won't burn you...and there is a restroom on board...

this excursion was definitely worth the money...we will book this tour again when we return to this wonderful island!! :)

Marsha

We just came home after being on the Adventure of the Seas. After reading about the Silvermoon experience on this board, we decided to give it a try. It was the most wonderful tour of our cruise. Booking was easy with a fast response. Ben and Adrian were our guides on the catamaran (sp) and didn't stop for a minute. We had drinks, a fabulouse lunch of flying fish, pasta pie, salad, chicken and warm cake for desert. Pina Coloda's on the way back. There were 11 of us and I can't say enough about our experience.

I don't swim, but I was in the water with a life vest and had the time of my life. Adrian made sure we had water, drinks whatever we needed and Ben was terrific making sure we were o.k. and guided the boat.

Bottom line - don't miss this experience.

Debbie, Bruce and Marla

silvermoon 1 only has 12 people aboard while silvermoon 2 holds up to 40...we were on silvermoon 1 and had exactly 12 people on board...you will feel like the rich and famous for a day-it was great!!

Marsha

Just to clarify-- the SM I sails with 12 people aboard. The SM II sails with 18 people aboard. For private charters, the SM II can hold up to 40 passengers, but is also a larger cat than the SM I.

We were on the SM II with 18 people aboard and it was the most enjoyable excursion our family of 10 have ever taken in the Caribbean. :D

Our family loved it so much we are sailing with Captain Nick again this December.

Just to clarify-- the SM I sails with 12 people aboard. The SM II sails with 18 people aboard. For private charters, the SM II can hold up to 40 passengers, but is also a larger cat than the SM I.

We were on the SM II with 18 people aboard and it was the most enjoyable excursion our family of 10 have ever taken in the Caribbean. :D

Our family loved it so much we are sailing with Captain Nick again this December.

Of note -- I just received the information and confirmation for this trip a couple of days ago, and this is their direct quote: "A 5 hour lunch cruise on board our day charter catamaran “Silver Moon II”. The boat sails at 9.30am and returns to dock at 2.30pm. Two stops are made for swimming & snorkelling, one with the sea turtles. This price is US$82.50 per Adult & US$52.50 per Child (12 & under). Transportation from your Hotel or the Cruise Terminal, drinks, a delicious buffet lunch and snorkelling instruction and equipment are included. For comfort we cater to maximum of 24 guests."

As for Silver Moon I, it states: We offer a 5 hour lunch cruise on board our luxury catamaran “Silver Moon”. The boat sails at 9:30am and returns to dock at 2.30pm. Two stops are made for swimming & snorkelling, one with the sea turtles. This price is US$100.00 per Adult & US$70.00 per Child (12 & under). Transportation from your Hotel or the Cruise Terminal, drinks, a delicious buffet lunch and snorkelling instruction and equipment are included. For absolute comfort we cater to maximum of 12 guests.

On their website, however, I notice that it states they take 18 on the Silver Moon II. I'm not sure which information is actually correct -- my e-mail from them or the website. We're booked on the Silver Moon I for March, but I'm sure either of the two catamarans would be wonderful (no matter how many are sailing).

Happy cruising!

Archived