Plugging in your scooter

SRQfireman

So how do you it? They give ya an Ext. cord? is the power in the hall correct?(110V) I'm guessing the hall on a Voyager class would be big enough to pack a "Go-Go" (small scooter)..I know anything short of a suite I wouldn't want to bring it in the room...no way in heck!

most cruise lines and ships are no longer permitting scooters or wheelchairs to be parked in hallways; they are a hazard for other passengers and a damned nuisance. ours is always parked in the cabin and charged in there and we have a go go no reason it shouldnt be in the cabin provided door is wide enough:)

We were are on the Diamond Princess recently and I had to rent a scooter. It fit perfectly in the closet area of the cabin. We found after the first night that the plug in the bathroom for some reason didn't fully charge the scooter, so my husband would pull the battery out of the scooter (very easily done) and we would plug it in overnight in the plug by the desk. We rented from care vacations.

What everybody else said, plus bring a power strip along with an extension cord. There are not many outlets in the cabin and if you have a hair dryer and a shaver, well you will probably use them up. RCI does not let folks park scooters in the hall for all the safety and pathway reasons mentioned above.

Candy

I presume you have an HC cabin reserved where the doorways would be wide enough to pull it in your cabin to charge....mine is a Maxima and it is 28" wide at the widest point and the doors on our upcoming cabin are 32" wide (RCI HC cabin) I agree that most lines won't permit a chair or scoot parked in the hallway.....

Later;

glenn

Thanks everybody for the info..I don't have the scooter yet, but should have it before I leave Friday (hopefully)...I hope it will go through the door...I was told the Go-Go's are small/compact, so I assume it will go in the cabin if need be.....Majesty cabins are tiny to start with..let along bring a scooter in }<: and I always have a power strip.....don't leave home without it..I like the idea of taking the battery out of the unit and leaving it near the power strip to charge there

Thanks everybody for the info..I don't have the scooter yet, but should have it before I leave Friday (hopefully)...I hope it will go through the door...I was told the Go-Go's are small/compact, so I assume it will go in the cabin if need be.....Majesty cabins are tiny to start with..let along bring a scooter in }<: and I always have a power strip.....don't leave home without it..I like the idea of taking the battery out of the unit and leaving it near the power strip to charge there

I have a Go-GO and yes it is very compact and easily taken apart if necessary. We were in a suite on NCL Sun to Alaska last month and I got through the door no problem. I did have a bit of difficulty going down the hall because of a ledge that was on the wall. My DH just removed the arms from the scooter and I was good to go.

I did find it a bit rough in some of the doorways leading out to the different decks. There's quite a lip you go over so you have to make sure that you go at it with some speed or you can get stuck..

Good luck and happy sailing

Toni

Archived