Olbia and Palermo

Olbia has a good beach easyto get to - only a very short walk from the ships tender point. We tendered in so would imagine you will too. We found the beach to be clean and very safe. We spent almost the whole day there, children played with lilos and rubber rings etc.

Palermo is a very big city, quite dusty and busy. If you have children with you, you may wish to do an excursion here. We did one to Cefalu which is a very pretty little place, again with a decent beach and many small shops. We bought some wonderful Parmesan cheese & wine and also sat in the town square in Cefalu and ate the local speciality of Cassata cake - delicious and to be recommended. Beautiful pastries and almond sweets in the shape of fruits.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Anyone from the DCL Med cruise....what's the difference between the 2 beach excursions offered by Disney ?:confused:

Other than $60, I really don't know. Even the less expensive beach excursion, though, is $59 per person. We are spending a lot of money on excursions in other ports (mostly private drivers), and I cannot quite bring myself to sign up to pay Disney $354 to transport my family of six to a beach for 4 hours.

I don't think I want to chance a taxi dropping us off somewhere and not returning. So I am hoping there is a beach close enough to walk to from the port. Otherwise, we will have another "sea" day and just stay on the ship.

• 1 month later...

I am also going on the Disney cruise in the med and just starting to look for things to do in ports, I think the Disney excursions are way too expensive especially for a family of five!!!

Have a look at palermotourism.com it has a lot of info

I am also going on the Disney cruise in the med and just starting to look for things to do in ports, I think the Disney excursions are way too expensive especially for a family of five!!!

Have a look at palermotourism.com it has a lot of info

We too have a family of 5 - I am set for Palermo, really wondering about Olbia though. Any reviews on beaches and how the taxis were?

• 3 weeks later...

Anything to see in Olbia, the city? Can one walk within the city; or are there other ways to move around within the city?

I understand that Palermo has an on-off, bus. What tourist attractions does that bus pass by?

Archived