Where did my cruise go?

cruising-PA

I am leaving on the Imagination on Dec 4th. I frequently check Carnival's site to see what rooms are availble since I booked a GTY. Today when I went to check and my crusie is gone. It doesn't show up? My reservation is still there but when I do a search for cruises it's gone. Gone from travelocity too!

Has anyone else ever experienced this and should I be worried????

PA

yes. this happened to me too. just this past july with the fantasy and, like you, it made me nervous. i called carnival and asked them (even though i hadn't booked with them directly directly). they assured me that my sailing was fine. i wasn't seeing it anywhere under a "Fantasy" sailing, because the Fantasy had just taken over the itinerary of the sensation (i think), due to propulsion problems. you could have a similar situation where they're switching ships b/c of something mechanical. just give them a call. i think it'll always be a "sister" ship (same class, same size), though you still might not like that if you've already sailed on the ship they are flipping you to.

Got nervous and called Carnival. Even though there were a ton of rooms earlier this week, they report the ship is not full. I hope a lot of people all of a sudden got interested and it wasn't taken over by a group of hundreds of three headed bag pipe players.;)

thanks for all the responses.

PA

I hope a lot of people all of a sudden got interested and it wasn't taken over by a group of hundreds of three headed bag pipe players.;)

thanks for all the responses.

PA

R O F L! Can't help it; but this statement is hilarious! R O F L! Hope I'm not offending any bagpipe players or three headed people out there....>LOL!

....but seriously, I know how you feel....not knowing about the unknown.....I hate it when I have plans for something big like a cruise and.....poof.....all written acknowledgements and plans to back it up just disappear.

How many days til you cruise?

Carnival will be doing an inventory and start moving people after final payment is made. You might not see any activity on a given cruise when its between 60-70 days out.

How many days til you cruise?

Carnival will be doing an inventory and start moving people after final payment is made. You might not see any activity on a given cruise when its between 60-70 days out.

I am 58 days out. I was hoping that since Carnival said the cruise was full I could get my room assignment. To no avail. They told me that I am still booked under a GTY and I should call back the week before sailing. oh well.

PA

Bet if you check back like on Monday you will see your cruise again. Sounds like you will be assigned over the weekend. DId you book with carnival or with a private agent?

Booked with a private agent. I so want to know what room I am in.

PA

If you booked with carnival you would know sooner then booking with a agent. On the carnival web page under your cruise detail you would see a modify booking.

Looks like you will be waiting. sorry.

Bet if you check back like on Monday you will see your cruise again. Sounds like you will be assigned over the weekend. DId you book with carnival or with a private agent?

Wow one week and still no cruise. Maybe it did sell out but it seems very weird that there were so many beds and then poof.:eek:

PA

Do you have more then 2 peopl ein any given cat you booked?

The reason I ask I want to know if you are aware that you are taking a chance of getting a roll away bed.

Have you checked other online agencies.. looks like the only thing available is guarantees in all categories.

insides are 379 plus tax

oceanviews are 469 plus tax.

Do you have more then 2 peopl ein any given cat you booked?

The reason I ask I want to know if you are aware that you are taking a chance of getting a roll away bed.

Have you checked other online agencies.. looks like the only thing available is guarantees in all categories.

insides are 379 plus tax

oceanviews are 469 plus tax.

I didn't see it available anywhere. Where did you find it?

We are 8 people in 4 cabins. No rollaways needed.

PA

Wow one week and still no cruise. Maybe it did sell out but it seems very weird that there were so many beds and then poof.:eek:

PA

Not weird at all actually... thousands and thousands book cruises each week. Groups book space all the time. With the cruise so close, it makes sense it would be sold out...shorter cruises tend to sell out more quickly. Just relax and have a good time. You will have a cabin on the ship and that's all that matters :D

Archived