Some Etique

KGLSocc

If someone would be willing to help me from outside of the USA about some etigue related to children it be of great help for me. Please I rather talk about it in e-mail or IM so if you look at my profile you will know how to reach me thanks in advance.

Please I rather talk about it in e-mail or IM so if you look at my profile you will know how to reach me thanks in advance.
I think it would be better that any discussion take place here on Cruisecritic, not by email.

Not sure what you are looking to learn, but here's a couple of bones I'll toss out.

Proper etiquette: When dining, you should clean any extreme messes your child made. Your waitstaff should not have to pick food off the floor.

If your child cries or screams loudly in the dining room - take them outside.

Do not let your child run around the ship or pool area UNSUPERVISED.

What age groups are the kids in?

the fact that your worryed about, shows that you should not be worryed. the parents that care, dosnt matter what county your from caring parents have the best kids. so your child is already one of the best because of you enjoy your cruise Frank

If you are breast feeding, cover youself with a blanket and try to be discreet.

Some people will say that you shouldn't do it at all in a public place, but when I was nursing my kids, I would cover up with a blanket and kind of hide in a corner so that the casual passerby would have no idea if I was nursing or if I was just holding a sleeping baby. I never took them on a cruise when they were babies, but I've heard of people breast feeding in the dining room with with no cover-up and no discretion, and this is offensive to many people.

If you have need for further information please ask for specifics.

You won't believe this one, but on one cruise in Europe, a mother took her son off the tour bus, at the statue of the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen, and let him pee right there in front of all the many tourists. She didn't even try and cover up the fact that she let him do this (btw, there was a bathroom on the bus and a restroom just a few yards from where we were).

Teach the kids that an elevator isn't a play toy.

Let them know that the buffet food isn't to be touched by their hands. I can't stand it when parents let their kids take food from the buffet with their hands and not use serving utensils. Taking a piece of fruit is one thing, but grabbing salad out of the bowl is another.

Don't bring kids to the adult comedy show. Can't believe how many kids I've seen at those things---and not just babies, but older kids.

Properly dispose of messy disposible diapers. My sister stepped in one when she walked into the bathroom near the pool. They just dropped it in the stall. YUCK

Teach the children that the hallways aren't for playing games and that wheelchairs left in the hallway by a cabin isn't for their personal fun use.

I agree it's okay for people to post their ideas here. There may be others who are new to cruising who this info can help.

I don't know what age you're talking about, but if your kids are still in diapers or pullups, please change them in a restroom or the cabin. There should be changing tables in many of the restrooms for this use (I used a portable changing pad that could be folded into the stroller or diaper bag and then cleaned afterwards). For sanitary reasons especially. I really hate it when a parent changes a diaper on top of a chair, table or bench, where others are going to be sitting or using.

Archived