Rotterdam or Veendam???

wandb

We are trying to decide which cruise to book (similar in ports, length, etc.) and wonder which of these two ships any of you prefer to sail. Any real differences in quality of food, service, amenities, etc.---or is the main difference the decor? Thanks!! B.

We have sailed both, loved both, and would sail both again. However, given a choice like you are I would definetely go with the Rotterdam. It's not just decor, though there is an elegance about the R'dam not found on the other ships. It is the flagship of the cruiseline (along with the Amsterdam) and is A+ class. It also has the midship elevators which are very convenient.

I agree with Peaches. I would definitely sail on the Rotterdam. We have also sailed on both the Veendam and the Rotterdam. The Rotterdam has a wonderful ambiance and excellent staff and crew.

totally agree with Peaches

although the Rotterdam is 6,000 - 7,000 tons larger than Veendam, it only carries about 150-200 more passengers

Rotterdam also has 4 owners' suites vs. 1 on Veendam

the other major difference (other than the center stair case which is great) is Pinnacle .. on Veendam (as is the case on all S class ships), Pinnacle was an "add on"; on Rotterdam, it remains at Marco Polo (?) just beyond the front desk near the culinary arts center

my selection IF the intinerary and # of days is the same would be Rotterdam

Archived