Hotel Reccomendation For Barcelona

We have narrowed it down to two hotels, either the Condes de Barcelona or the AC Diplomat. Has anyone stayed at these two and coould give us an opinion..Which has a better location, rooms, etc...........
Thanks

We stayed at the Condes de Barcelona last fall and were very happy with it. Great location, nice rooms (not large), beautiful bathroom (large) with great shower and helpful staff. Ask for a room in the old building (recently remodelled).

Fran

we stayed at the AC Diplomatic and loved it- don't know anything about the condes de Barcelona. The AC Diplomatic is very modern (I would love to have that bathroom in my house) and is centrally located. The reason my husband chose this hotel is that he had read that the US Basketball team had stayed there during the Olympics so he figured the beds would be big. He was right. Also impressive to me was that it had a real hairdryer rather than one of those flimsy hotel wall ones (I guess I'm easy to impress). There is a free minibar that the maids will replenish whenever you like- includes bottled water, soda, juice and beer. At Barcelona prices, this was a real treat. There is also a Kinko's type store directly across the street so if you want cheap internet access, it's great. We cleared all of our work emails before boarding the ship for 1 euro per hour (high speed internet) vs the ship's rate of 75 cents/minute (which I understand was slow) and had our digital camera memory cards dumped onto a CD. There is also a very small unheated pool on the roof which our son enjoyed after sightseeing all day.

Archived