Canopy and Rappeling- Puerto Vallarta

cruisesoon

Has anyone taken this tour through Princess? It is described as an outdoor experience where you ride mules, splash through streams,rappel through waterfalls, and then a 1000 ft zip line. Right now we have signed up for it but would like to hear from anyone that has taken this tour.

Has anyone taken this tour through Princess? It is described as an outdoor experience where you ride mules, splash through streams,rappel through waterfalls, and then a 1000 ft zip line. Right now we have signed up for it but would like to hear from anyone that has taken this tour.

The "Outdoor Challenge" or "Outdoor Adventure" or "Outdoor Experience - Canopy & Rappelling" (as Princess lists it) is an excursion run by Vallarta Adventures. http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/outdoor-challange/index.html

Vallarta Adventure's Outdoor Adventure is relativly new and I believe is started late in the 05-06 tourist season. I doubt you will find many people that have done it and can offer a report on their experience. It does look interesting and we may give it a try when we're there next month. Cruise ship passenger cannot book this tour directly with Vallarta Adventures. However ...

This excursions can be booked thru a third party booking agency like:

Vallarta Online http://www.vallartaonline.com/tours/OutdoorAdventure/ or

Johann & Sandra's Puerto Vallarta Tours http://www.johann-sandra.com/vallarta.htm at a substantial savings over the going rate from Princess.

I did find this review of the "Outdoor Adventure" at http://www.vallartaonline.com/information/spotLight/GoingtoExtremes/

After all the research I did before our 9/24/06 cruise...the majority ruled for Canopy De Los Veranos. We booked directly and saved 60 bucks each rather than doing it through the ship. Took a taxi from the ship for $4 and it was smooth sailing...OH WHAT FUN! 15 zip lines total!

GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!

Hey Bob&France! I can help you out with your questions. I was with Jbags on the Canopy de los Veranos tour...it was a lot of fun!!

Here is the link to the site

http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/index.htm

If you book online, it is $71 a person. This was considerably cheaper than our ship's (Carnival) excursion, which was around $90. Cruise ships contract through a different canopy tour...so Princess and Carnival probably offer the same tour.

It is necessary to book in advance with Los Veranos - I booked about 2 1/2 weeks ahead. There were 6 different time slots to choose from and the 2 pm was already booked, so we went at 11 am. If you really want a particular time, definitely book more than 2 weeks in advance.

Just got off the Pride last week, did the Extreme canopy tour in PV..oh my goodness it was AMAZING...totally scary but breathtaking...The difference between the regular and the extreme is pretty significant...on the regular its tree to tree and 70 ft drops, ours was mountain to mountain with 220 ft below...we had to take a donkey ride just to go that high up in the mountains...repelling down the waterfall was like nothing I have ever done, so awesome...the second repel landed you in the water with a big splash, plan to get very wet, total change of clothes and shoes are necessary. They do not allow you to take your cameras but they get great pics....I am totally afraid of heights and a big baby normally but it was so worth it...nothing like that rush...I felt totally safe and I will NEVER forget the experience...

We were just in PV last week on the Diamond Princess and we did Los Veranos canopy tour. It was $71.00 per person if you book online and pay via PayPal. Make sure to walk out of the cruise terminal and take a YELLOW taxi, not one of the white vans everyone is pointing you to. Its $3 per person and tell the driver Los Veranos Canopy tour by the Pemex gas station and they will drop you right there. Los Veranos people drive you to the canopy tour from their office (about 30 min ride) and be ready because its amazing! Dont be scared....its very safe and the guides/instructors are very good at making you feel comfortable. They are also quite funny! Enjoy!

:D

Archived