What is the best beach for kids

Blossum

I am still struggling to make a decision on what to do on ouir cruise next month. We are contemplating a lawerence tour with a trip to turners beach....ior just going to a kid friendly beach for the day....Please advise if you have any advice. thanks!

Hello Blosson, I too need a beach that would be great for the kids- We are renting a car in Antigua because it is cheaper than a taxi for a family of 4, and we can do what we want for the day. We will be going to a beach for a few hours and then take a little drive of the island.( I got a Map to plan) I purchase a Antigua book at the bookstore and I think our choice for a beach is Darkwood Beach or Turners. They both are very close to each other. I have been in contact with one of the store owners in Antigua who has been very helpful with my plans, and he recommended Darkwood Beach and Turners. Here is what the book i purchased said about Darkwood Beach -

DARKWOOD BEACH

"This is a fabulous and very scenic beach. by the roadside on this southwestern section of the coast, it is an island an tourist favorite and certainly one of the most photographed beaches in the Caribbean. still unspoilt,with Montserrat in the distance, it has no hotels but a good local bar/restaurant, and its picturesque multi hued waters have the barest touch of caressing surf.

Is sound good to me. I hope this helped. We are going on our cruise on October 27th- We can't wait!!!

Hi Blossum and mresend, I just got back from my AOS trip and we rented a car in Antigua with Hertz and drove to Long Bay! It was a beautiful beach, very calm, clear, gentle slope. There was no sudden drops and it was not rocky. I didn't see any water toys but very nice and relaxing. My kids loved it!

Thanks for the info- We are also renting a car from Hertz , I hope it works out for us. We will be there on November 1st which is there Islands Independence Day. i was told some roads may be closed due to parades and parties. We ordered a map the other day so we can do our planning of where to go. I think we are looking at darkwood beach right now but who knows that may change if i keep reading more posts about other beaches.

Looks like a lot of us are gonna be there on the !st. Also looking for a nice inexpensuve day probably at a beach for an 11 yr old and a 1 yr old. Would love to find one where i could rent a waverunner for a bit too. Anyone know what rules are relating to kid riding on wave runners there?

Archived