Fascination Advice

My husband and I will be crusing on the Fascination Sept 6.

My husband booked this as a surprise and this is my first cruise!!

However, I have not heard alot about this ship and anything will be

great. Also, how is formal night I do not want to over dress.

Also, we are leaving behind three precious children but I want some down time since we both work at stressful jobs and this will be our first vacation without the kids so let me hear back if anyone has gone during the school year as to the fullness of the ship. Can not wait count down has started.

We did a "mom's only" cruise on the Fascination in September 2002. I went with three of my girlfriends and had a fantastic time!! We went the second week in September and there weren't alot of children on board (at least that we saw). I think that most kids are just starting back to school and many parents don't/didn't take them out of school to cruise. It was the perfect "adult" weekend.

My DH and I are cruising with another couple on the Glory in late August (again, no kiddies) and I'm thinking (though I may be off on this one) that alot of kids will be back in school. My children will be staying with my parents as school will have already started for them.

The Fascination is a great ship. I think someone mentioned that the mannequins (sp?) are gone. They were a little odd but it made for some interesting photo opportunities:) You will have a great time!

I was on the Fascination last fall and I think you will really enjoy it. I went with a couple of girlfriends who had never cruised before and we had a great time.

As far as formal night goes, you will see all kinds of dress. I saw ladies in sequins and others in simple black pantsuits. And since there will be lots of photo opportunities, why not dress to the 9's and do it up right? :)

There were hardly any kids on the ship when we were there, but it was in October which is a little later than your cruise. I love kids (my own included!) but it is nice to get away on an adult vacation. ;)

I posted a long review on the old CC board, don't know if it was moved over. Bottom line, had a great time. Great ship, great crew.

My "secret" tip: There are two very private dining areas on the aft/rear of the ship Lido deck. I forget what they call the main casual dining area on the lido deck/rear, but get your food and walk all the way back, to where you can get pizza/deli, and on either side there is a small doorway leading to a small but lovely deck for dining. Most folks don't find it until the last day!

TrinaLC, I will check out your tip on Monday. I too will be boarding the Fascination on Monday July 19th, with our group of 14. My DH and I's 6th cruise, our kids 1st. I plan to write a review when I get back, since the Fascination is the "forgotten ship". I cannot wait!

Archived