Puerto Vallarta Scuba Diving

dolfn55

Hook up with Pacific Scuba and have them take you out to Las Marietas (spelling may be off) and you'll have a blast. The diving out at the islands was very good and Pacific Scuba runs a great op. Odds are there will be just 2-4 divers on the boat and you'll have a great time. Have fun!

Dolfn55, DH and I are going on the Pride Dec 3,06 and are thinking of diving in PV also, let us know how it goes. I wonder what the water temp will be, I heard there are a lot of Mantas there and I hope we will get to see the whales.

Booth22 you are practicly neighbors, we live in Prescott Valley, I had to chuckle at Lake Pleasant pict they are great, did you ever dive at Lake Powell? we did a couple of summers ago. It was my first fresh water dive, we went really early am (right as the sun rises) so the visibility was really good. what cracked me up is we are used to seeing coral heads with abundance of fish, in LP there were tumble weeds with abundance of fish.

we spend 2 weeks in PV in March,

Dont know what the water temp was at the Marietta Islands but I was cool in a 2/3mm with no hood or gloves.

Although they a big ie cattle boat type excursion Vallarta Adventures was fine we only had 6 divers and the rest of the boat was snorkelers.

the equipment was OK although I had my own mask and snorkel and regulators...they set up our equipment for us...which was a treat for me.

they were our first dives since the cert dives and although the others who had dived in the Carribean said it was merely OK we had fun since anything is new to me. we will go again this year.

... the others who had dived in the Carribean said it was merely OK ...

It won't be as nice as the Carib. or Hawaii, but warmer than the west coast. Go in expecting a so-so dive, you may get a better experience that you expect:D After all it is wet and it is compressed air, and it is diving:)

Archived