Sheraton Moorea OTW bungalow

Carole444

They are all great. Heck, even the "normal" OTW bungalows are great. We go for one at the end (furthest from the shore) but it really doesn't make any difference.

The breakfast-in-bed is cute, but there is a serious problem with it. Breakfast is carried by a lovely young women down to the shore. There she is met by a husky young man who rows her out to your bungalow. Very cute. The problem is simply that the hot breakfast is COLD and the cold breakfast is warm by the time it gets to you. :) So, depending upon what you order ....

Snorkling gear is awiting you in the bungalow's closet. Make sure, btw, that the underwater light is working (they seem to blow rather frequently).

Also be warned that this seems to be the preferred place to hang out for officers of moored cruise ships. You are liable to see your ship's officers hanging around the pool having lunch.

Enjoy it! This is one of life's great splurges.

Paul

I agree, the OTW bungalows are great. Just ask for one as far out and on the end if you prefer more privacy--but you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Just a word of caution--don't step on the rock fish! Ouch! I'm sure they will let you know this at the resort. They did when we were there.

This is such a beautiful part of the world. You will have a wonderful time.

You may already know this but you can take a ferry over to Tahiti (Papeete) and that is a great day trip too.

Thanks so much for all your information. this is actually the 4th time we've been to Tahiti--but the other times we stayed a few days then went on a cruise. this time we're just staying at the Sheraton. There's no place else in the world I'd rather be!

One more question, since you're all so helpful. Have you found any good restaurants other than the Sheraton. I know the food is incredibly expensive--it's almost a joke--but can you recommend any??

thanks again

We had #109 and it was wonderful...view of the island, horizon and the sunsets...and very private. We loved Alfredo's...fettucini alfredo primavera was the best I've ever had.

Be prepared though...they can be difficult at the desk with requests.

Carole

We have to agree with Ocean Queen, Alfredos was very good we went there twice. They do offer free pick-up and drop off at your hotel, just ahve the front desk mage a reservation. We also ate at the Blue Pinapple for lunch very good food.And if you want to try some local liquor go to fruits of Moorea.

Tom

Archived