Carnival Excursions in Grand Cayman?

lawalz23

Does anybody know if the Carnival Island Tour Excursion in Grand Cayman stops and lets you visit at both the Turtle Farm and Tortuga Rum Factory and how much time do you get at them? The Carnival site says that the tour is approximately 2 hours. I know we can probably book our own excursion or get cabs at the pier but members of my family do not want to take any chances and the kids really want to be able to get out and tour the turtle farm and the adults the rum factory. Thanks for any info.

I found this description of the tour during my research for our upcoming cruise in August. Unfortunately, I can't give credit to the person who compiled it, but whoever it is, thanks!

Grand Cayman Island Tour

Duration: 2 hours

Price per person: $33.00

Activity level: Easy; Camp Carnival Recommended

Welcome to the splendor and serenity of Grand Cayman! This excursion offers you the opportunity to explore this beautiful port of call and

hit the hot spots in air-conditioned comfort. A short drive through

Georgetown, the capital city, will show you Cayman’s architecture while

explaining the significance of the island’s status as the fifth largest

financial center in the world. Take in the spectacular scenery as you pass famous Seven Mile Beach. Your guide will explain the history and culture of the island as you venture toward the West Bay and the Turtle Farm. Here you will witness green turtles weighing in excess of 650 pounds that are protected before being re-introduced into the wild. The town of Hell is your next stop. A dramatic rock formation which is what some people believe Hell would look like; here you can send postcards to your friends post-marked “Hell”. Enjoy the Tortuga Rum Factory store, the Conch Shell House as well as the Governor’s Residence and the old Caymanian Homestead before you stop in the heart of Georgetown to enjoy some of the famous duty-free shopping.

Note:

This tour may run out of sequence due to traffic.

You can do it on your own alot cheaper. We di it last Oct, and it was $15pp. Just take the tender into shore and there will be buses and vans and drivers all ready to take you.

The Tortuga Rum factory is across the street from the Turtle farm.

I would take a cab- 10 bucks one way for 4 people. Spend how luch you want in the turtle farm. The Rum factory is really a store that allows you to taste the differnt cakes.

The tour is only 2 hours.. you can do this on your own for 2 hours.

Archived