Extra day

pipster37

My husband and I are on the April 28th cruise Rome to Venice. As we have been to Rome before we are going straight to the ship. The ships last stop is Venice and is there one day. When the ship dis embarks I would like to spend one extra day in Venice, my husband says he does not know if it is worth it being we disembark at 9 am. and most hotels in Venice will probably not let you check in until 1 pm. and we will have lost most of the day. I feel we are all ready there and can enjoy the rest of the day and evening, any thoughts?

Pick several hotels in Venice and ask them if they allow early checkin. Don't assume they won't allow early checkin. Even if a hotel doesn't allow early checkin, most will let you drop off your bags and the hotel will store them for you until you checkin later in the day.

If you don't want to go directly to your hotel (if it's a bit out of the way for example) you might consider checking bags at the left luggage at the Piazza Roma. You could then tour around for a while before going to your hotel.

Could someone suggest a hotel in the area, we have never been there before and do not know where to start. I have been on-line and there are many areas to choose. I would appreciate a recommendation. Thank you

You need to do a little more research...cost, location, etc., Try:

http://en.venere.com/hotels_venice/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g187870-Venice_Veneto-Vacations.html

We had a great stay at Westin's Europa and Regina Hotel which is near St. Mark's and is right on the Grand Canal. It has its own dock which means a water taxi can deliver you and your luggage right to the hotel. We were allowed to check into our room early in the morning after leaving a cruise.

Archived