Mercury Cruise to Mexican Reviera

rocket scientist

I just got off the Mercury yesterday and it is a very nice ship. I did not see anything dirty at all. My cabin was clean, but only had 1 chair and no small table in it. I had one of the sideways cabins on deck 4.

The service was good, the food just ok (but that is not that important to me), the bar service was very good, and my friends thought the shows were better than the Constellation. The shore excursion overpriced, but they all are. Drinks are a bit pricey on Celebrity too.

I am a big fan of Princess, but have no problem sailing on Celebrity and would choose Celebrity over RCL any day.

Myself and several others cancelled the Mercury out of San Diego several months ago and booked on the Oosterdam after the reports we read. Sounds like Celebrity has lowered their standards and ship maintenance to an unaccecptable level. Celebrity used to be our fav line, but now waiting to see a turn around before any future bookings.

We are scheduled for this cruise in Feb. I would not even consider cancelling it, the outbreaks happen on other lines including Disney, RC and many others. I know the ship is aged, she is going into Dry Dock for upgrades in April I believe. We tried another line, then came back to X, its all about thier service in my opinion.

We returned from a cruise on MERCURY just this past weekend. The ship is fine ... they have replaced all the carpeting, and also the mirrored panels inside the elevators as well as the chrome surrounds on the exterior.

We had a CC cabin and it was spotless. There were signs of age, and the mattress was in bad shape, but we simply asked for a couple of egg crate mattress pads (and received them very quickly) and went on with the cruise. I'd sail MERCURY again, absolutely. We found nothing to detract from the ambience of the cruise, and the crew were wonderful, the ship very clean and well maintained.

Nicki

Archived