What is the best way to travel from SEA to VAN?

RMcoolX

Next June, my DW & I plan to fly into Seattle the day prior to our cruise and then take Amtrak (business class of course) to Vancouver on day of sail (saturday). On our return, RCCL shows disembarkation starts at 7:00am. We are looking at an 11:30a AirCanada flight from Vancouver to Seattle. We have much past experience departing the San Juan airport and I have learned a lot from reviewing these boards, but I'm looking for some help from experienced visitors with Vancouver.

Amtrak north from Seattle is a great trip sit on the left side of the train facing front.

How is taxi from Amtrak to cruise ship dock (time & price)?

10 mins 10 bucks (about)

Will an 11:30a departing flight allow us enough time to get to and thru airport?

Seems a little early to me..depending on your ship arrivial and your means of getting to the airport (see below)

Should we purchase RCCL transfer to airport to lessen the US Customs delays?

If you qualify for the direct Immigration Transfer from the ship to your flight yes & this is quickest. Likely your 11:30 would be fine.

Any other helpful tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just be sure to ask for left/water side seating and sit close to the booths in the train station so you can be ready to jump up and get in line when they start handing out seat assignments.

There were several people that were complaning that they had to sit on the right side where there is only a row of single seats, so a couple couldn't even sit next to each other. (Although the seats did rotate where you could face the person behind you.)

Archived