Sea Grape Beach?

TexBeaumont

It's a beautiful beach. We walked to the right facing the water to the edge of the property and had the area to ourselves. Right at the entrance it's pretty crowded with lounge chairs. It cost us $20 for 2 chairs with umbrella and included a water or soda each. Ahhhhhh.....wish I was here:

136-Beautiful%20Sea%20Grape_JPG.jpg

Hmm. Sea Grape Beach sounds interesting. I'm seeing that Carnival is now offering this as an excursion. I think they want $35 PP.

So, do you have to rent an umbrella, or is that additional? Say you just want two chairs? So figure about $22 per person for the transportation and chair?

So, do you have to rent an umbrella, or is that additional? Say you just want two chairs? So figure about $22 per person for the transportation and chair?

There's no entrance fee and you don't have to rent anything you don't want, I just don't like to sit in the sand and dh is very VERY fairskinned. If you don't mind spreading your towel on the sand you could go for the price of the taxi. $22pp with chair would be correct, plus you get a coupon for water or soda. The tour group passengers all stop at the chairs that are already set up right at the entrance go right or left about 100 feet and you'll be by yourself. There are guys that will carry your chair there for you if you want but they do expect a small tip for doing so. Quite a bit cheaper to go on your own and you can go on your own schedule. Cabs are plenty on both ends.

Just off the conquest today...Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel...Only mistake of the cruise was booking a ship excursion to Sea Grape Beach. Had done Stingray City before so opted for a beach excursion..So payed 29.00 per person to stand in line and get herded onto a bus with 50 other people to get dropped off at Sea Grape Beach. They had 75 chairs set up on the beach and you get a tocket for a water or a soda. they crowded the chairs togother and 100 people were all together in a 100 yard area. beach water and sand were nice but lacking any personality. Now the good news...Once we realized how much noce beach was around we took off walking down the beach and never looked back...walked about 4 miles back to the cruise dosk and enjoyed all the different beaches along 7 mile beach...going from silky sand to all coral with tidepools and a shipwreck...only saw a handfull of locals running or walking. would recomend paying a taxi 10 bucks to drive you down the beach and drop you off and walk back...you can stop and get a drink at several of the beachside bars/grilles along the way...what started out bad tuened into a highlite of the trip

Now the good news...Once we realized how much noce beach was around we took off walking down the beach and never looked back...walked about 4 miles back to the cruise dosk and enjoyed all the different beaches along 7 mile beach...going from silky sand to all coral with tidepools and a shipwreck...only saw a handfull of locals running or walking. would recomend paying a taxi 10 bucks to drive you down the beach and drop you off and walk back...you can stop and get a drink at several of the beachside bars/grilles along the way...what started out bad tuened into a highlite of the trip

That is what I would like to do. about how long did it take you to walk back to the dock? We want to got to Hell, then hit the beaches. Do you think we could be dropped off mid way, enjoy the beaches, drinks and such and make it back to the dock? (maybe a silly question)

Thanks!!

Seas Grape is a new beach somewhere in the middle if 7 mile beach. It took us a couple of hours to walk back, but we stopped to swim a couple of times and talked to some snorklers, had a couple of drinks, stopped at the big grocery store. (Got chased by a rooster) and had to go to the road for the last quarter mile..I definitley would suggest a cab to Hell on Church Street and then have them drop you off on the way back...Don't recommend the 29.00 per person Beach Break excursion. NExt Spring, I will have a new plan

I would say it's a quarter to half mile to the start of the beach, but the first half mile has a lot of coral near the beach...there is a shipwreck and then a house with fencing almost to the water..once you get past that, you get to the wide beach with white sand...walk the street and when you get to the big grocery store there is a bog lot with some constriction. head through that and you will find the beach...walk as far as you like. the road os parallel to the beach. I am sure you can walkl to the front of any of the bigger hotels and get a cab if you get tires...But it was a great walk

Archived