Just booked again

kezza

I have just booked another cruise for 12th Feb 07 with DH and another couple. YIIIIIHAAAAAA:D . Again this was a great price out of the daily paper and includes airfairs - 4 birth $1145. It's shorter than I would like but hey never mind. The couple we're going with have never cruised so wanted a smaller one first, just in case!!

And guess what, we're going back to Champagne Bay:p :p

Thats great Kezza, how exciting for you!

I do know that Flight Centre here in Melb are advertising for the Pacific Sun June 9 cruise (4 birth) for $845- 8 days to Isle of Pines, Noumea and Port Vila.

I am trying to con hubby and mum into going but so far no luck. :rolleyes:

Hope you have a ball!

HI. Which ship will you all be on? How long is the cruise? Which papers here in Melb have cruise information? Thanks Suexxx

Suexxx it was in Sundays Herald Sun in the Escape part. It's on page 4 at the bottom part of page. It's sailing with Pacific Star and is 9 nights, going Noumea, Lifou, Mystery Is, Vila and Champagne Bay.:D

Kerri

Thats great Kezza, how exciting for you!

I do know that Flight Centre here in Melb are advertising for the Pacific Sun June 9 cruise (4 birth) for $845- 8 days to Isle of Pines, Noumea and Port Vila.

I am trying to con hubby and mum into going but so far no luck. :rolleyes:

Hope you have a ball!

Keep trying Tina, it's such a great price:D Kerri

I have just booked another cruise for 12th Feb 07 with DH and another couple. YIIIIIHAAAAAA:D . Again this was a great price out of the daily paper and includes airfairs - 4 birth $1145. It's shorter than I would like but hey never mind. The couple we're going with have never cruised so wanted a smaller one first, just in case!!

And guess what, we're going back to Champagne Bay:p :p

So you get to go on 2 before I get to go on my next one:( . Just not fair:p . Good luck to you. I wish I could do it.

Karen

Gosh Kerri, we paid double that amount for Peaches sunset and had to book way back In Oct 05. I guess it doesn't pay to book early at all. Why do they discount so heavily..fill up the cruise or such? I'm so jealous but very happy for you. Two weeks today..yippee do.

Kinka

Gosh Kerri, we paid double that amount for Peaches sunset and had to book way back In Oct 05. I guess it doesn't pay to book early at all. Why do they discount so heavily..fill up the cruise or such? I'm so jealous but very happy for you. Two weeks today..yippee do.

Kinka

Hi Kinka, on our last 3 cruises we did the same thing. Booked well in advance. With the Asian cruise we did earlier this year, which I booked 12 months in advance, the price was drastically reduced with airfare inc. after about 6 months, so I then learnt that if you wait awhile they often come down. Both this cruise in 2 weeks and the next one next year have been reduced, especially this cruise in 2 weeks which was a huge reduction:D .

The cruise in 2 weeks was heavily reduced to fill up the last remaining cabins so the girl I booked thru told me.

Kerri:p

We have a weakness for a bargin, so understandably none of our cruises are booked too far ahead, cause as you said the deals come when they are trying to fill up the ship.

The only problem is that we are suckers for good deals, and just have to do them, cause they are a good deal, if that makes sence.

I have to stop myself looking at travel deals, at least for the rest of tis year

Kinka

Hi Kinka,

Yes this is the major disadvantage to purchasing your cruise so early. The discounts are just like last minute accommodation deals, it's better to sell at or slightly below cost and have a passenger spending money on other onboard activities then to have an empty berth. This is also how people get lovely upgrades as they tend to upgrade people and resell the cheaper cabins. However, we have always found that if you want a guaranteed cruise date and can't afford to be flexible with your dates (i.e. like us can only cruise during school holidays) you have to book early.

It also gives you the advantage of being able to pay the cruise off. If you are unable to save it is sometimes better to be giving the money to a travel agent than trying to "store" it in a bank account. Most of the bargains require you to pay up front as the cruise is only 8-10 weeks away!

We were surprised last year to find spaces on the Sun last September during the Qld school holidays we could take advantage of. I think we only paid $895 each for an 8 night cruise (quad share) which is amazing. Booked it about 7 weeks before departure and almost didn't have time to get excited!!! Fortunately we had the money there and were able to take advantage of the special. Then we found out that a couple on our dinner table had actually only paid $790 for a twin share cabin on a higher deck!.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Thanks for this insight into prices. Friends of ours paid a really low price for a 7 day criuise to Cairns in March. They travelled up with one cyclone and back with another. Not much fun at all. Having the option of choosing the time of year is very important. I would not have missed the 12 months of excitement for the world. True too about the saving aspect.There are good sides to both options. It's a downhill run now for all the "Peaches" out there...whoaaa

Cheers,

Kinka

Thanks for this insight into prices. Friends of ours paid a really low price for a 7 day criuise to Cairns in March. They travelled up with one cyclone and back with another. Not much fun at all. Having the option of choosing the time of year is very important. I would not have missed the 12 months of excitement for the world. True too about the saving aspect.There are good sides to both options. It's a downhill run now for all the "Peaches" out there...whoaaa

Cheers,

Kinka

We went on the cruise immediately after the 'cyclone' cruise in March, and there were certainly a lot of green looking passengers coming off the buses from the ship at Roma St that Saturday morning as we were waiting to transfer out to Pinkenba.

Archived