Any 20 somethings sailing Celebrity?

evert9

Next month I'll take my first Celebrity cruise. Just want to hear from those that are around my age, about your experience with Celebrity.

What did you love about Celebrity?

What are things that you didn't like about Celebrity?

What do you think about Celebrity in comparison to Princess/RCL?

Thanks for the info!! Trisha

I am 29 and my wife 24, we spent our honeymoon on the century in December last year and found it amazing. We'd never been on a cruise before and have nothing to compare it with, however we don't think any other line could be better. We've booked another cruise on Galaxy departing December this year and another on Century next year. The only negative I can think of is they've replaced the thallasso pool on the century with a spa cafe. We visited the thallasso pool at least once every day and found it to be practiacally empty and wonderful. We loved the formality, quality of food and general peacefullness. The only negative were the some of the other passangers, we found some of the older ones to be slightly rude, but it didn't cause us a problem.

The only negative were the some of the other passangers, we found some of the older ones to be slightly rude, but it didn't cause us a problem.

That line made me smile! (Although I'm 37, so to you young whippersnappers, I'm one of the older ones...)

I'm 33, my wife is 26. We've been on 3 Celebrity cruises, and loved each one. We're not the partying type, nor are we thrill-seekers. We enjoy fine dining, good company, being pampered, dancing and elegance, and Celebrity's worked great for us. We're trying HAL next month, only because Celebrity didn't have an itinerary that fit a snug schedule we were working with, but will be back on Celebrity to Hawaii in the Spring. Have a great first time on X!

I'm 33, my wife is 26. We've been on 3 Celebrity cruises, and loved each one. We're not the partying type, nor are we thrill-seekers. We enjoy fine dining, good company, being pampered, dancing and elegance, and Celebrity's worked great for us. We're trying HAL next month, only because Celebrity didn't have an itinerary that fit a snug schedule we were working with, but will be back on Celebrity to Hawaii in the Spring. Have a great first time on X!

Hi CruiserRev! Nice to see you on this board. We are going on X next month and trying HAL in Feb.

evert9

Thanks for starting this thread, my husband is 31 and I'm 29 and we'll be going on our first celebrity cruise this Dec. and was worried that there wouldn't be younger adults on board. It's nice to know that younger people travel on Celebrity. We normally do land vacations. Can't wait for Dec.

evert9

Thanks for starting this thread, my husband is 31 and I'm 29 and we'll be going on our first celebrity cruise this Dec. and was worried that there wouldn't be younger adults on board. It's nice to know that younger people travel on Celebrity. We normally do land vacations. Can't wait for Dec.

There are SOME young adults, but certainly fewer than you would find on other lines (Carnival, RCCL, Princess, Disney). I get along just as well with people older than me as I do with people my age, so it didn't concern me at all, but I WAS one of the younger ones aboard (despite the fact that I'm much older than most on this thread).

We are going on our second celebrity cruise this month. I'm 33, my husband 34. We took our first celebrity cruise for our honeymoon over 6 years ago (we were 26 and 27 at the time). We loved it and didn't feel too young. We prefer a more mature crowd, not too much into the party scene, but still like to have a great time. We like the more elegant upscale atmosphere provided by Celebrity. Never been on Princess or HAL yet, but eventually will try them too!

I love a lot of things about X but to be perfectly honest, the average age is a lot older than 20 something. When we did our Summit to Hawaii in June it was a VERY old crowd. I had not seen so many wheelchairs outside a nursing home. One of the staff even joked that the cruise was filled with elderly people and their parents. Now when we did a weekend cruise on Mercury the average age was around 40. My biggest complaint by far is that they do not have more 20's-30's activities. If you are taking a port intensive cruise that you really don't have to worry but if there are many days at sea, it can be a little boring. The biggest draws on the ship are Bingo and Bridge. I like Bingo OK but it is fairly expensive and I don't wan't to do it every other day. As far as bridge goes, ( and I know I am going to get killed for saying this) I don't know anyone under the age of 40 who even knows how to play, which is why they ended the prgram on shorter voyages I would think. I have a great time because I like the food quality and the relaxation, but if you are looking to party this may not be for you.

My husband and I have been on three X cruises, starting when we were 28 (we're in our early 30s now) and we've enjoyed them all. We enjoyed the sense of elegance onboard, we're not really into the whole party scene, although we had a lot of fun in the clubs at night. We just returned from Princess and while the ship had many, many more young people on board, we prefer the food/service/atmosphere on X. Have a great time!

Hi,

We've noticed the 7-day sailings tend to be younger than 10 or more...

We started sailing in young 30s...now late 30s. We're sociable, but sail to have a break from the outside world...so, to be honest...we don't care who's on board. But I know many others are looking to mingle and meet. So know that the disco often dies after 11 p.m. and there are times when the other dance floors look like a 40th class reunion.

Also, the menu seems to lean older. Low on spice, ethnic in the dining room. Seems more suited to 1960s country club fare...rather than modern posh. (my parents -- in their 70s -- always look forward to the baked alaska...while my husband and i think it's nothing but a waste of sugar and flame).

Archived