Expert advise needed.

MAG1630

Hi all! This is my first post.:o I've been lurking on this forum for a while now. Anyway, I am going to be booking our first cruise on the Liberty of the Seas sailing in Aug. But the problem I'm running into is due to coast guard regulations they cannot accomedate my family of four into one room so we have to get two rooms:( my children are four and ten.

Now my question is have any of you guys ran into this problem and how did it work for you? and also what are the chances of a room opening up to accomedate us?

We origanally wanted a junior or grand suite and I couldn't justify getting TWO junior suites or TWO grand suite (to much $$$$$)to accomedate us so the travel agent got two category E2 balcony rooms. Should I give up hope on these rooms? (And I know I also have to keep in mind this is a brand new boat.)

Thanks for any input

Melissa:D

What sailing are you looking at? Most likely rooms will open up closer to sailing especially after final payment time. You need to talk to your TA and make sure she waitlists you for one of the rooms you want. This does not always work so you should keep checking yourself on the RCCL website.

Are the two E2's adjoining?

You must be looking at the 18th or the 25th, the 4th and 11th have no problems with that number of people in a cabin. Yes, there are regulations as to the number of cabins they can sell with more than two occupants on a cruise...it seems that these two have their fair share already.

If it has to be one of these dates, you're going to have to bite the bullet and get two cabins...maybe later on it will open up to have your whole family in one...you'd have to keep checking, then you'd cancel the other.

Otherwise, try one of the other dates. sorry.

Thanks for your replies.

KarinaGW: you got it my date is for the 18th of August and the reason why we went with this date is because friends of ours are going on this date but of course I did not book the same time they did so I guess I have to take what they have for now and hope something opens up.

Yes SueL the E2 room are adjoining the TA said that he would check oftens to see if anything opens but I guess I better check back as often as possible on Royal Carribean website.

Thanks for your replies.

Melissa

Hi all! This is my first post.:o I've been lurking on this forum for a while now. Anyway, I am going to be booking our first cruise on the Liberty of the Seas sailing in Aug. But the problem I'm running into is due to coast guard regulations they cannot accomedate my family of four into one room so we have to get two rooms:( my children are four and ten.

Now my question is have any of you guys ran into this problem and how did it work for you? and also what are the chances of a room opening up to accomedate us?

We origanally wanted a junior or grand suite and I couldn't justify getting TWO junior suites or TWO grand suite (to much $$$$$)to accomedate us so the travel agent got two category E2 balcony rooms. Should I give up hope on these rooms? (And I know I also have to keep in mind this is a brand new boat.)

Thanks for any input

Melissa:D

You can always book GS that adjoins a connecting D1 to suit your needs.

I think the 2 rooms would be excellent! That way, you and your Hubby will have some privacy--it's not much of a vacation for the 2 of you with kids underfoot all the time! The kids won't be any farther away from you than they would be in their bedroom at home, so that shouldn't be a concern! Plus, you will have two bathrooms to utilize--and considering how tiny the baths are, you can only fit 1 in there at a time.--That in itself is worth it!

Even a JS will be tight with 4 in 1 room. Get the 2 rooms, -- you won't regret it!

Whenever we travel with the kids we always get two adjoining rooms. This way we have privacy and the kids have quiet. When the kids have to take a nap, and they will, they have their own room and we can shut the door and do whatever without disturbing them. Also as mentioned, you have two bathrooms. We are currently booked on FOS with two E-2s. Stay with two rooms and don't worry about it.

Bill

Archived