Sailing out of Miami...flying into Palm Beach International Airport

shhhhh

We will be sailing out of Miami and are looking for airline tickets. The best deals & most convenient times are flying in to Palm Beach International airport. It will save us about $200, but is it worth it?

How far away from the port is it? How much is the cab fare?

Anybody with info, please share. Thanks!

We will be sailing out of Miami and are looking for airline tickets. The best deals & most convenient times are flying in to Palm Beach International airport. It will save us about $200, but is it worth it?

How far away from the port is it? How much is the cab fare?

Anybody with info, please share. Thanks!

It's a solid 70/90 min drive, assuming there's no traffic. With traffic, who knows.. And traffic on the Turnpike and 836 east can be brutal. Either way, a cab will cost you a fortune, if you can even find one willing to make that shlep. I'd try to find a limo service or look into renting a car.

That's what I expected. My parents used to live in the Miami area (Sunny Isles) and we always flew into FLL when we visited. However, when I checked on airfare, it was cheaperto fly into MIA. We'll see where the better deal is when I actually purchase the tickets.

What is the trip like from FLL to the pier? Distance, fare, etc.?

Take the Tri Rail service from PBI to MIA. It takes about 1 hr 50 minutes and costs $4 per person on weekends. Then from MIA take a 10 minute cab ride . We have done it before and will do it again.

Shhhhh,

Not to get off your question, but I'm looking for info on Sunny isles, we are staying there pre cruise in Feb for 2 nights, at Best Western Thunderbird Resort, near Trump S. Just hoping you might know the area. Can't seem to find anyone who has stayed there. Thanks

We are flying into Fll for our cruise out of Miami, cheaper.

Take the Tri Rail service from PBI to MIA. It takes about 1 hr 50 minutes and costs $4 per person on weekends. Then from MIA take a 10 minute cab ride . We have done it before and will do it again.

Not a good idea. They're still having reliability problems and schedule problems. It isn't unusual to be stuck sitting on the train for one or two hours due to mechanical problems. Until it becomes a reliable, dependable, means of transportation I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. ;)

Archived