What are my chances of making my 12:10pm flight after disembarkation from Star (SEA)

RMcoolX

I'm hoping to book a 12:10pm flight out of Seattle. Would I be in danger of missing my flight, or do you think I'll be OK to do so. The later flights prices jump significantly, therefore causing us to have to leave out the next morning.

Your advice is appreciated.

If all goes well and the ship gets back on time, plus there are no delays in clearing customs, etc., you'll probably be fine, especially if you sign up for the Express Disembarkation allowing you to be the first group off the ship. Express means you'll have to carry all your own bags off the ship, but it will buy you some time. Personally, I wouldn't book a flight earlier than 1pm but chances are you're okay.

on the cruise that ended sept 24th, we were just about an hour late being cleared to get off. we were some of the last to leave and it was around 10:30. it only took a few minutes to get off, get our luggage.

they only started letting people off about 9:30. say 30 mins to get off and to the taxi...30 mins from pier 66 to Sea-Tac. i would say the earliest you could get to the airport would be close to 11am. if there was a line at check in? i should add that while there are taxi/shuttle/van/limo at the pier, a line forms very fast.

I'm hoping to book a 12:10pm flight out of Seattle. Would I be in danger of missing my flight, or do you think I'll be OK to do so. The later flights prices jump significantly, therefore causing us to have to leave out the next morning.

Your advice is appreciated.

Because worrying is in my nature I wouldn't book the 12:10 because I would then spend the entire cruise worrying about if I would miss my plane.

So I would incur the additional cost of the late flight or hotel room and then be kicking myself as I got off the ship at 9:00.

In my personal opinion no........in my professional opinion no.

You could be delayed getting off the ship due to a surprise immigration inspection, etc. Too many things can happen....you can be delayed at security at the airport etc.

After 1:30 is a safe bet.:)

Thanks to everyone for the good advice. Looks like my next question should be "what to do in Seattle after a cruise"?!?

If it's just killing time until a later flight, I'd do the Underground City Tour in Pioneer Square or walk around the Pike Place Market (beware of low flying salmon) OOOR-go say hi to Leafpeepers sister ;)

-Monte

We like to drive and explore so we rented a car and took a taxi to the rental place close to the pier. We drove across the bridge to the area opposite the cruise ship(do not know the name of the area) and took the outside drive around. We saw so many beautiful areas, beaches, houses, parks. Then we returned to car at the airport, checked-in and caught an earlier flight they had seats available on.

We were able to kill about 5-6 hours by driving and doing a sightseeing tour ourselves. WE had planned to go back to pier and watch the Star leave while having dinner on the pier but plans changed. ;)

Have fun.:)

Archived