Surprising someone - how do I know....???

Cotton

I just read the thread about knowing if your order will be delivered to you on the ship......I have a similiar concern:

I want to order drink coupons to be delivered to my son's cabin - a surprise from Mom for his first cruise.

How can I be assured he will get them? (I won't be on the cruise, and I won't know until he returns.) BUT, what if they don't deliver them? No surprise - and I won't know till it's too late.:confused:

Could you give him the confirmation paperwork in a sealed envelope with the insturctions not to open it until the second or third night? That way he'll still be surprised if they do arrive, and will have the paperwork to receive them if he doesn't.

Just a thought. :D

So, Mom, why don't you have them sent to your home and give them to him personally as a Bon Voyage gift, and gather the hug while you send him off knowing he's got the gift!

One of our dinner mates received a message from his brother to expect something ... and received a bottle of champagne one night at dinner!

You can't have them sent to your home (or at least that is the way it used to be)... they are usually given to you in the dining room on the first night. I have heard so very few (I think one) stories of anyone not getting what they ordered.. I think you will be fine.

So, Mom, why don't you have them sent to your home and give them to him personally as a Bon Voyage gift, and gather the hug while you send him off knowing he's got the gift!

One of our dinner mates received a message from his brother to expect something ... and received a bottle of champagne one night at dinner!

Unfortunately, they won't send them to you at home. You will either receive them in your cabin when you arrive or at dinner the first night. Great idea though!

Are you going to be corresponding by email by any chance? He would probably say something when he got them, or otherwise if you don't hear anything maybe you could ask on the 2nd or 3rd day if he's gotten anything yet. Just a thought.

Whenever I cruise, I have certain friends that order things online for me. I always get them, be it money (goes to credit my account) or drink coupons. Although I don't drink, someone once gave me these. Now they only order certificates. Either way, I get them all. Have never had trouble receiving ordered gifts. Don't worry, you will get a confirmation #, and he will get the coupons. If anyone has had a problem, hopefully they will see this post and reply.

Archived