London hotel

Hi. We will be doing a three night pre cruise stay in London before our NOS cruise in May. We have been looking at the Crowne Plaza St. James in Westminster. Does anyone know if this is a nice hotel and a good area to stay? Thanks for any help.

Hi. We will be doing a three night pre cruise stay in London before our NOS cruise in May. We have been looking at the Crowne Plaza St. James in Westminster. Does anyone know if this is a nice hotel and a good area to stay? Thanks for any help.

I have stayed there,and it was a nice hotel when I was there and I assume it has not changed much.Food in the dining room for dinner was very good as well. I was traveling alone and I felt safe as could be.It is a quiet area,it is near the St.James tube stop(down the street and around the corner) and New Scotland yard is nearby.I walked just about everywhere,and there is a stop close by for the hop/on's.There are places to eat in the area and Victoria Station is not far either.

Thank you so much. Never having been to London, it was so hard to decide which area to stay in. The price was right for this hotel and it looked nice.

It is not the most happening area,but I always end up in that area..if not at the St.J's I stay at the Jolly St.Ermins down the street,and I have never been sorry.Make sure to check out shopping on Oxford Street re all the dept. stores( I like them better than Harrod's,but I guess it would hurt to stop in there).Lots of cool stuff,and make sure to stop at covent Gsrden as well. I think you will really like London.If you are near Notting Hill stop in the Windsor Castle Pub as my daughter's BF runs it.:D Have a really great trip.

• 3 months later...

We stayed at the Savoy for 6 nights, I can't say enough good things about it. Large room, beautiful linens and towels, rainfall shower. It is just a 7 minute walk from Trafalgar Square, 4 minutes from Charing Cross Tube station and minutes from all the theatres. (we saw 4 shows)

I would stay there again in a heartbeat :)

Archived