Snorkeling In Hawaii

tbedard1

We are cruising on the POH 11/6 and I was really looking froward to snorkeling a few times. I was reading ,however that the water is cool and a wetsuit may be needed?Is htis true?Has anyone snorkeled in November? I was hoping for warm water.

No, you won't need a wetsuit to snorkle in Hawai'i. We've been there more than 35 times and snorkled every trip - the water is between 75 to 85 degrees. If you find an underwater stream of fresh water, it gets a little cool, but all you need to do is move out of the way.

Charlie

October/November usually not too bad. February/March can be colder. I grew up here and I find it cold at times in the water during the winter months. People coming from New England/Atlantic seaboard may not. :D

For any extended snorkeling, I do usually use a shorty wetsuit.

Spleen

I've never found it "cold" in February or March, but it could be because of the weather we're coming from. I suppose locals who experience local conditions every part of the year could find it cooler.

I've never found it "cold" in February or March, but it could be because of the weather we're coming from. I suppose locals who experience local conditions every part of the year could find it cooler.

We find it cool most of the time, but not so cold you can't swim.

(But it gets up to 120+ here in the summer, most things seem cool to us)

Virgil

Archived