Which St.Thomas Beach is most similiar to Trunk Bay?

roe2ship

Last time in St. Thomas, we went to Trunk Bay in St. John because of the excellent reviews about the beach and we were VERY happy.......true paradise. I've heard many good things about Sapphire Beach, Coki Beach and Megan's Bay and can't decide which one to choose. Can anyone compare these to Trunk Bay? Which is closest to the Crown Bay pier? Do any or all have chairs and umbrellas to rent? Thank you.

roe,

I've been to each of the beaches you've mentioned (a couple times).

In my opinion, none of them are quite as beautiful as Trunk Bay.

Yes, Magen's does have lounge chairs for rent (also has floating mats:-), but is located on the other side of the island from Havensight. (long taxi ride).

My next visit to St T, I'll go back to Trunk Bay simply because it's so beautiful, quiet & relaxing:-)

Just my opinion.

Annie

I've only been to Trunk Bay, but when I was there, there was a lady that was staying in St. Thomas for a week and said that Coki Beach was great, plenty of fish right at the shore, you didnt even have to swim out to see them.

I plan on going there on my next trip. So IMO, if you want to snorkel, you can try Coki, otherwise, I would go to Magen Bay. Do a search here, you will find all the info you need.

roe,

If I had to choose a beach on StT it would be either Magens or coki.

Tip: if you do a search on webshots you'll find several pictures taken by other tourists of both which may help you make your decision.

IMO: Whichever you choose you really can't go wrong.

Bon Voyage!

Annie

The views at Sapphire Beach and Magen's are every bit as gorgeous as those at Trunk Bay. But they're just different.

Coki has just "OK" views.

If you want to snorkel, then forget Magens. The other two have fine snorkeling.

For chair rental information http://www.***** may have the information you seek

I have photos from all three beaches, if you want to see what the views are: http://lrichters.smugmug.com/Travel/162954

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, Roe to Ship!

Is your last name Roe?

My maiden name is Roe and my dad's family is from NJ.

JRoeT

Hi, roe is short for my name Roseann. What part of Jersey?

Richters, thanks for the great pictures. I will have a tough time deciding after looking at those.

we went to Coki Beach a few weeks ago....

snorkeling was great from the beach...hundreds of fish just literally swim up to you!! (hint...take along dog biscuits to "feed " to them and watch the fish come after it !!) got lots of really good pictures...

they had restrooms, places to eat/drink, and chairs to rent...even had some souvenir shops....

if you need snorkeling equip., they rent it here too!!

Marsha

Archived