pre cruise hotel

princesspass

Hi Everyone,

We are flying into FLL April 13, 07 for a star princess cruise. Our flight gets in after midnight and just looking for a clean, safe place to sleep. We have some friends booked at the Ramada Airport/cruise port and after reading threads, I fear for them and will advise them to look around. Can anyone recommend something nearby with hopefully a shuttle to the port without going broke. Comfort Suites, Amerisuites? any feedback.

Thank you so much. We have several families looking.

Hi Everyone,

We are flying into FLL April 13, 07 for a star princess cruise. Our flight gets in after midnight and just looking for a clean, safe place to sleep. We have some friends booked at the Ramada Airport/cruise port and after reading threads, I fear for them and will advise them to look around. Can anyone recommend something nearby with hopefully a shuttle to the port without going broke. Comfort Suites, Amerisuites? any feedback.

Thank you so much. We have several families looking.

If you will scroll down, there are many discussions regarding many of the hotels in this area. There are lots of negative reports regarding the Ramada Inn.

We are flying in on the 18th, and found that hotels were either booked, or very expensive. Super Bowl is the 5th I believe, so this could have some impact upon pricing if people will be vacationing in the area after the game.

One of the threads below highly recommends Sleep-Inn in Dania - near the airport. I personally do not have a recommendation, but we did decide upon the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street for our pre-cruise night.

Good Luck with your choice. :)

http://www.tripadvisor.com can help you figure out what might be a decent hotel and what might be a nasty experience.

We have not stayed at Comfort Suites but we did spend a night at the Comfort Inn on Stirling. It was the WORST hotel night we've ever had. Dirty room, no hot water, surly staff, locks on the door did not work, roaches on the walls and interesting people just wandering around the hotel when we checked in that night (looked like a few ladies could be rented by the hour).

Judging from the reviews on Trip Advisor, I wouldn't book Comfort Suites either.

What sucked us in is living in the Midwest. Most of the time Comfort Inn/Suites and Ramada Inn are decent, affordable accomadations. However, in FL they seem to be mostly dumps that rent rooms by the hour as well as by the day. We've made the mistake twice now and won't be repeating it again.

Archived