How did you find this site?

Kinkacruiser

Hello all,

I'm curious to know :confused: how people found this site.I stumbled on while googling for "cruise reviews". It is really an excellent site , as is the Aussie P&O forum, but I think that only a small % of cruisers visit. It would be good to see, for instance, a bigger roll call for each cruise. Perhaps TA's and/or P&O could give the site a plug? Maybe advertise on the travel wallets we get? What are your thoughts?

Cheers,

Kinka

I was searching for info on the Pacfic Star. Very scarce back then as we were on the 3rd or 4th scheduled cruise. Chaz, Suey and Froggy I think ended up being the first.

It is a fantastic site and has grown soo much in the past 12 months (Aussies that is). It would be great if everyone knew about it might help P&O Australia pick up its game.

We sailed Celebrity in Alaska back in June and they work together with Cruise Critic. They have a coffee morning especially for cruise critic members which was lovely meeting all these strangers especially since we were the odd ones out. There was another Aussie couple on there too. They had about 30 or 40 people just from cruise critic sailing!

I found the site after googling for information when our Easter 2005 cruise was cancelled!! We weren't getting any info from P&O and I was searching for info. We found out on here before P&O called us that the cruise was to be cancelled.

We were actually on the second cruise for the Star. Whitemouse went on the cruise before us...

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Ahh, the beloved Google.

I too was consulting Professor Google on Pacific Sun reviews and looking for pics.

I found myself getting lost in the largeness of this forum for a while but have only just started to settle in and post more.

Well, that, and I have actually cruised now so I can participate in the convos. :rolleyes: Before we cruised, I felt so bad asking questions all the time. :o

I, too, was surprised to only have a few of my fellow cruisers on this site- I was so hoping that there would be a huge group of us who could relate when chatting about a particular cruise, but oh well. :)

I was pointeed to this site by a very kind person from a "Thorn Tree" forum, run by "Lonely Planet". It's a great site!

Are you the one I sent over? You were looking for info on daytrips in Vanuatu and Noumea?

I found it the same way everyone else did, googling Pacific Star. I am very familiar with travel forums but found it difficult to get info on P&O Australia.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived