Aft Pool on the Fantasy

bonniemari

The aft pool on Fantasy class ships are located on the fantail, one deck above the lido buffet. This deck is open across the breadth of the ship with an unobstructed view aft, save the flag pole.

It has been my experience on sistership Elation that while this area is promoted as "adult" it is poorly enforced. It certainly isn't a kid free area if that is what you are looking for. It is a relatively quiet space as the funnel blocks the noise from the band mid-ship. It is perhaps this that Carnival means by "adult". One deck higher, around the funnel is adult only and top-optional. There isn't a pool however.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got home from our Oct 14th sailing and spent most our time around the adults only pool. There was only 1 time I saw children there and I did speak up when the kids tried to get into the hot tub with me and a few other adults. Soon after that the man and the 2 children left the area. We have kids so it wasn't because I don't like children but because I feel rules are to be followed...especially this one. *grin* The rest the time it seemed to be only adults in this area. Dh liked this part of the ship better than the lido part because you could slightly hear the music. He was not a big fan of the group singing/performing live on the Lido deck. I kinda enjoyed them but found it to be a bit louder than I wanted.

Archived