Which is better: Magen's Beach or Trunk Bay

I have never been to Magens bay, but I have been to trunk bay and IMO it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. We are sailing on the AOS in March and I cant wait to go back to Trunk Bay. We have a beautiful picture my husband shot at Trunk bay hanging in our house and I look at it and get excited to go back in March. I dont remember there being any snack places or anything when we were there, but we were there in 2001. Is this something new? I remember the beach having nothing on it and that was one of the things that made it so beautiful.

I'll take Trunk Bay anyday. Much prettier, less crowded. The ferry ride is rough, but my son and I are never affected by that, so we thoroughly enjoyed the ride. You won't have as much time - make sure you don't plan on taking the last ferry of the day - the boats are often late.

I dont remember there being any snack places or anything when we were there, but we were there in 2001. Is this something new? I remember the beach having nothing on it and that was one of the things that made it so beautiful.

St John is 2/3 Natl. Park and Trunk is part of the park system.... you have to pay a small fee to get in.... there was a shower area (they don't allow shampoo for eco reasons) a snack bar (we did not eat there- waited for Woody's in Cruz Bay ! ) and I believe an area to rent snorkle stuff etc.... but these areas were back from the beach and in no way affected the beauty of this gorgoeus beach.

We too have traveled to many places....we are certified divers but chose not to dive this cruise - too time consuming - so we snorkled in each port. This was a very nice snorkle especially for beginners since it is a marked course. Worth the effort to get there :)

Archived