Karaoke on Millie?

MGilly

We've discovered that a cruise really begins for us that first night onboard when DH gets rollin' with karoake, singing "Give Me That Old Time Rock and Roll." Please tell me that there is karoake on the Millennium! We'll be cruising the Mediterranean in June, and I'm hoping DH will get a chance to start our cruise out right. :D

That's one of the reasons we love it. DH is one of the laughably horrible singers. He only does that one song, and he revels in the ridiculousness of his performance. The first time he did it was at a company X-mas party about 15 years ago. The first singer sang a solemn holiday song with a voice like an angel. She drew polite applause and comments about her beautiful voice. Next up - DH. Well, he took off his suit jacket, loosened his tie, rolled up his sleeves, and started singing. The microphone was not on, the song was about an octave or two above his range, and he had no clue! He was hilarious! The crowd started lighting cigarette lighters and cheering, and the party really got started with that performance. Ever since then, that's become his song, and we love to rev up things by having him sing it. He knows he's definitely not going to win any prizes for his singing, but he has so much fun, and everyone who hears him enjoys his enjoyment of the song.

on the Constellation this April there was kareoke at least two nights because I was there listening and laughing. The performers were either laughably horrible or excellent. Not much inbetween. :p

Hmmm... What about that very handsome gentleman who sang "I've Got You Under My Skin" and "I Get a Kick Out of You"? Didn't he sound exactly like Frank Sinatra in his classic Nelson Riddle period?;)

I'm told there will be a command repeat performance on the Connie's westbound transatlantic next September!:) Could that be why the ship is already completely booked?:D

Archived