silver moon- worth the time and money?

lamby

i have been following the posts about this excursion for over a year now. we took this trip last january with another couple while we were in barbados for 10 days. i am sure that i will be publicly lambasted and humiliated for my comments, but after a year of biting my tongue, i am wading in with my opinion. personally, i don't understand all the hoopla surroundeing this trip. i have been on many of these trips that include snorkeling and lunch onboard cozy boats and a friendly crew. i would simply say that this trip was a good experience and the turtles were an extra. i did not find the crew to be extraordinary nor was the rest of the snorkeling. i found it to be a "nice" day out on the water. however, if i had not spent a week on the island, i would have felt cheated out of seeing what i believe is one of the three nicest islands in the caribbean. for a one day experience, i would select a tour that included the east and west coasts with some offshore snorkeling on the west coast and perhaps the andromeda gardens. this is not an island to miss. better to spend time on a catamaran tour on an island that offers little in the way of sightseeing or one that you have seen many times. this is just my opinion and i know that i am in the minority on this. it is not so much that i didn't like silvermoon as it is that i love barbados!!

steve

Archived