?? about special celebrations onboard

Sandi149

Hubby and I will be going on a 2 night cruise on the Legend on Thurs. We are celebratring our 23rd anniversary. If we wanted to order a cake for dinner one night is it included in the price of the cruise or do we have to pay extra?

Thanks,

Sandi

Hi Sandi,

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! Hubby and I will be celebrating our 14th anniversary, and our daughter's 6th birthday, both while on our upcoming cruise in Apil, so I have looked in to this. You have to buy the cakes! They aren't much - I think $8.00 for a small one, and you can buy them through the "gifts" section on the Carnival web site.

Have a great cruise, and happy anniversary.:)

We bought one on the Victory cruise we just got back from for my friends parents anniversary. It was about 10 bucks for the large cake(we got it because we were supposed to have a large table but ended up with just a table for the four of us) but the cake was awesome and totally worth it. We got the vanilla and strawberry cake.

We bought one on the Victory cruise we just got back from for my friends parents anniversary. It was about 10 bucks for the large cake(we got it because we were supposed to have a large table but ended up with just a table for the four of us) but the cake was awesome and totally worth it. We got the vanilla and strawberry cake.

So you think it tasted that good to spend the extra money? Don't know if I can order it now because we are leaving on Thurs and the website says you have to order it at least a week before. Maybe I can do it onboard.

Thanks,

Sandi

So you think it tasted that good to spend the extra money? Don't know if I can order it now because we are leaving on Thurs and the website says you have to order it at least a week before. Maybe I can do it onboard.

Thanks,

Sandi

As to if you have time I couldnt say but I will say I've had smaller cakes from stores for like birthdays and stuff that were more expensive and doesnt taste half as good in my opinion. Of course its possible you would not think so but I would definitely say its worth it for us. Not one of us disliked it or the two people who tried the leftovers we brought back to the room. We surprised my friends parents with a high seas anniversary gift and the cake on the first day and it made their day but they were happy to be on a cruise for their 25th anniversary and, of course, together. Gl!

My DH purchased on board (I believe in the Specialty store) for my birthday. It was the small one and cost about 7 or 8 dollars. There was 8 of us and it was big enough that everyone got a piece. It was one of the best cakes I ever tasted - very moist. It was so good that we almost ordered one for later in the week.

Happy Anniversary! I can't think of a better way to celebrate than going on a cruise, even a CTN.:)

I would go to the 'Formalities' shop and order the cake as soon as you can after boarding the ship. The celebration cakes that tablemates have shared with me have been excellent. The strawberry/vanilla, I had a slice of on my last cruise. Very moist and very good - well worth the $7 they said they paid for it.

We ordered our anniversary cake from the Carnival website before we sailed. You can specify when and where it's to be delivered. The wait staff brought it out the night of our anniversary after our dinner in the dining room. It had sparkly candles and they sang to us. We were then able to share it with our tablemates. It was very good, we also got the strawberry/vanilla cake. For $8 it added a special touch to our anniversary. You do have to order it from the website at least a week before. I think I did ours like 4 months before...*LOL*. I wanted to have things like excursions, cakes, etc. paid for long before we cruised.....more money for DOD's then!!! :D

Archived