? about the CTN on the Legend

Sandi149

Believe it or not, I was glad I brought shorts. The gulf stream is very powerful out there, including the warmth it brings with it, if there's nothing blowing from the north.

Hi Mr. Pete:

So you think I should bring some lighter clothes too? I was going to bring a very heavy jacket for the evening out on deck. It's too bad that they don't have this 2 night cruise in the summer this way I would just bring summer stuff. But in Oct you can get cold or warm weather so you don't know what to bring. :confused:

We were FRIGID sailing out, actually weraing winter coats that first night.

I brought shorts only to sleep in. I'm glad, cause I wore them the one day we were out to sea.

Some people were actually swimming in the pool that was uncovered! :eek:

We were FRIGID sailing out, actually weraing winter coats that first night.

I brought shorts only to sleep in. I'm glad, cause I wore them the one day we were out to sea.

Some people were actually swimming in the pool that was uncovered! :eek:

If the water in the pool is heated, I might go in but otherwise I will just use the hot tubs. I will check the weather here in NY and see how the temps are and then decide.

Mr. Pete:

Any idea why they don't do this CTN in a warmer time of year so people could lay out on deck and use the pools? They should have it in the summer and the latest in Sept but Oct is not cruise weather. At least for me it isn't. I know there are cruises to Canada during the fall but I doubt I would go on one of those. I like the warm weather :D

We did a CTN out of Norfolk in LATE October and it was quite warm - people were using the pools and not cold at all. We went about 100 miles off the coast, and I guess that was enough to get into the Gulfstream... We were actually colder doing a Nova Scotia cruise in August...

We did a CTN out of Norfolk in LATE October and it was quite warm - people were using the pools and not cold at all. We went about 100 miles off the coast, and I guess that was enough to get into the Gulfstream... We were actually colder doing a Nova Scotia cruise in August...

Norfolk is a bit warmer than NY at this time of year. I guess I will have to play it by ear. Hopefully they will get far out enough into the gulf stream. ;)

Obviously, the captain will have all the latest data and will set a course for the calmest seas first, warm air is probably much lower on the list ( as well as winds)

We did a one night CTN in June on the Dawn and the captain actually had us sitting dead in the water around midnight until whoknowswhen because the sea was so calm

Just think about this: you could be cruising into/around a hurricane ( it's still in season). I wish I was cruising with you- time won't allow. ANY cruise- into/around/thru bad weather is better than staying home on land

Seas the Day!

Archived