First time cruises

panz

The Dawn is a very stable ship. Unless you get air sick on planes you should try other things first before the patch. The patch needs to be put on a day or two before you get on the ship to work well and may itself make you feel dizzy and blur your vision- this is an individual thing that may or may not effect you. You are on deck 6- the lower midships you are the less the apparent moving of the ship. Try over the counter remedies first and if they don't work you can always put on the patch....

I think you should be fine and do not let that worry you. I agree to try other things first, green apples and ginger ale seem to work for many people. I was on a very rocking ship recently and started to feel a bit bad, I ate an apple and was fine after that.

Number 1: the main thing is DO NOT sweat the small stuff.

the whole fun of a cruise (or any travel) is the adventure. if you worry all the time, you miss the adventure/fun.

Number 2: they are there to serve you, if you have a problem..talk to someone in uniform. that's what the purser's desk is for. but remember,

they can't force you to have a good time, that's your job;)

Number 3: the other posters are right, take some ginger pills or ginger tea along. "some" seasickness is mind-over-matter, you can talk your self into being sick. (the more you think about it the sicker you get)take advice from the ole-timers:

if you feel clammy and warm, go outside and take a walk. fresh air is best.

never-ever-ever look down, i don't care how cute those little boats are bobbing on the waves...don't watch them. watch the sea gulls flying around, watch the sunset/sunrise, watch the islands in the distance.

you feel the ship's motion less when your body is in motion. (walking, swimming) the more fun you have the less it will bother you.

Hello, on 10-22 me and my wife will be on first cruise ,were alaways nervous due to sea sickness ,we got the patch from Dr. we are booked in room 6506 any tips for first timers.
Hi, I'm also on your cruise. Why don't you join out roll call :D

Click here: Dawn 10/22/06 Anyone else going? - Page 22 - Cruise Critic Message Boards

In 2003 my wife and I went on our first cruse, NCL Majesty from Boston to bermuda. My wife was so nervous the night before my daughter had to take her to the emergency room. She got some pills to take. The cruise was very rough. even some workers got sick, but my wife was fine. Now 3 years later weve been on 6 cruises and she loves them. No beds to make, no cooking, being waited on all the time.

Archived