Allegiant Air to Sanford/Orlando

sleuthslayer

This doesn't answer your question but I highly recommend that you fly in at least one day in advance. I fly Allegiant often between Colorado Springs and Las Vegas. They have a limited number of jets so any mechanical issues are a major problem. Once, we waited several hours for them to bring in another jet. It's a good airline with great prices (heck they even gave me a free ticket for the delay!) but when one of the major airlines has a problem, they generally can simply shift an aircraft to your gate with only minor delays.

My family and friends have flown alligent from sioux falls s.d. to orlando/sanford lots of times and they love it. The orlando sanford airport is small and very friendly. It is about 11/2 hour to the port from there.

Allegiant has become our prefered carrier to Las Vegas. Nice aircraft, good service but, as mentioned, any mechanical issues ends up in a major delay.

Other things to consider is that nothing is free on Allegiant. If you want assigned seats prior to checking in you'll pay $10 per seat. Soda's are $1.50 and they offer a variety of snacks ranging in price up to (I think) $5. So if you think you'll need a little something on the flight you probably ought to bring a little cash with you.

Archived