Is it a good idea to reserve a taxi for the disembarkation day?

I would say yes as that is what I did do and it made life easier. they were waiting when we came of the ship. We stayed the day before the cruise in Barcelona and then we took the bus to the center of barcelona and the next day a taxi to the port

For some reason, we got really held up waiting for our luggage - it comes out on a conveyor belt, like the airport and we waited about 30 minutes for ours. By the time we got our luggage, it seemed everyone else on the ship was waiting for a taxi. We got in a line and waited about 15 minutes but got a taxi right to the airport for about 30E total, with tip. Had we gotten off the ship earlier, I don't think we would have had this problem.

So, there's lots of taxis out there waiting to pick people up. To me, the decision would be whether it costs a lot more to have your own taxi pick you up - if it costs a lot more, I'd just pick up a taxi out front. And, it only take about 30 minutes to get to the airport.

Our taxi driver was waiting for us as we got off the ship and had been there an hour before we estimated at no add'l. charges. It was 30E and well worth not having to drag bags to the taxi line and wait. Also, if you have more than 4 total bags (large), you'll have to wait even longer for a taxi/van because most of the taxis are small cars and can't accommodate large suitcases.

We used www.barcelonataxitours.com - Extremely reliable and less expensive (10E cheaper) than some of the others discussed on this board.

Our taxi driver was waiting for us as we got off the ship and had been there an hour before we estimated at no add'l. charges. It was 30E and well worth not having to drag bags to the taxi line and wait. Also, if you have more than 4 total bags (large), you'll have to wait even longer for a taxi/van because most of the taxis are small cars and can't accommodate large suitcases.

We used www.barcelonataxitours.com - Extremely reliable and less expensive (10E cheaper) than some of the others discussed on this board.

We've had a completely different experience in Barcelona, and we have disembarked there 6 times, most recently in mid-September of this year. We have seen no lines for taxis in Barcelona, and we had more than 4 bags with no issues with trunk space in the taxi. For those who want to spend the extra 10 Euros, I'm sure the price is well worth it to them, but I don't think it's necessary.

Donna

i would think this is a personal decision of cost vs. convenience

i was a little bit worried about the whole taxi situation when my cruise ended in barcelona on august 3rd. i had an 11:30 am flight booked.

we opted not to reserve a taxi in advance. when we got off the ship, our bags were going around the conveyor belt the minute we got to the baggage area. we grabbed our bags, walked outside, saw no line for taxis, but tons of taxis waiting for passengers. between the 3 of us, we had 4 pieces of luggage and 3 carryons. all fit into the normal sized taxi without any problems. the cost was 29,00 euros with the luggage surcharge and tip. and the trip last less than 30 minutes.

we ended up being checked in and waiting at our gate for the flight at 8:30 am, 3 whole hours before our scheduled departure time.

We were there 2 weeks ago and there were lines. In fact some impatient travelers were going to the BACK of the taxi lines instead of waiting their turn to avoid the long lines. When I say "long" a person traveling in our group said it took them 20 minutes so if time is not a problem then stand in line and save yourself 10E. And, I don't travel light so the small taxi van waiting was a huge help since there was no hauling bags, waiting, etc. And, there was no way our bags would've fit it a standard size small taxi most of them use.

Archived