Half Moon Cay: anyone try horseback riding?

sandytoesrose

I haven't been to HMC since HAL started the horseback riding excursion. Have your tried it? What was your experience? The last time we were on HMC the swimming was cold since it was January, but the beach was glorious! Are there any other "must do" excurions on HMC?

The last time we were on HMC, we saw the people horseback riding heading into the water. EVERY horse that had a 'large' person on them (about 1/4 of them did), threw their rider into the water then headed back up to the stables! It was hilarious!

Doug

I did it last year in November. They try to match you up with an appropriate horse (size and disposition). No one fell off on my trip, but the ride in the water is an adventure! They really move! I would do it again in a heartbeat and recommend it, as long as you feel somewhate comfortable on a horse.

I have not done the horseback riding, but my daughter-in-law & granddaughter signed up for it when we were there in October 2005. They had signed up for the first group, and because we arrived to HMC late, their ride was cancelled, and they could not ride because there wasn't any room in any of the other times. They were very disappointed.

Tootsiesmom, I booked the 2nd "departure" I think that was around 9:30. In hind sight, it was an excellent choice. I heard the earlier ride, the water was chilly, and the later the rides, the more tired the horses got. The water temp is fine, if you're lucky and get a nice sunny day, but if the sun isn't strong, then the water is a little chilly - swimable, but chilly. We'll be there in November again, on the Zuiderdam! Can't wait!

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived