Walking around HMC

marybeach

I just got a brochure from HAL that has a diagram of HMC. It shows the cart paths to the Stingray, Horseback, and Watersport areas. Has anyone ever walked over to the stingray area? It looks like it is just beyond the food pavilion. We may want to walk and explore and look at the other side of the island.

We've never walked over to the other side of the island but we have walked all the way around the point all the way to the left from the main beach area. You can walk most of the way but will have to either climb up the rocks part of the way or swim - some people snorkle. It's a long walk (about 3 miles each way) but the view is great, it's practically deserted and *some* people have been know to shed their swimwear :eek: Just watch the time you have get back on the ship - we just made the last tender the last time!

I have never walked the island before. My father-in-law and I were hoping to do that on our cruise in November. We were however trying to get a map of HMC. Could you tell me how you got that map or could you post or scan and email it. You help would appreciated.

Jarrad

Here's a link from HAL website:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/dest/HMCmap.pdf

Hope this helps!

Doug

Archived