Cozumel excursions

djm719

Passion Island Escape and Deluxe Beach Break

Are these excursions worth the $60+ price? I'm sure the beach parts are very nice but what about the food and bar that comes with it? Is it better just to go to these beaches on your own? Has anyone done either of these excursions?

I have been to Passion Island.....are you traveling with or without children?? The only thing I didn't like about Passion Island is that you have to get on a bus for about 20 minutes and then take a 15 minute boat ride to the "private island" which of course taking away from your beach time. For ex: if it says the excursion is 4 hours, that is including travel time which makes your time at the beach 3 hours. It is beautiful once you get there and the food and drinks are great.

If you have kids I would recommend Paradise Beach. It is not an excursion, you take a taxi there. It is free to enter, but you can buy $8 wristbands which give you access to the water trampolines, climbing glacier, kayaks, snorkeling equipment. Great food! Bar on site, and showers by the bathrooms. Numerous sunning chair with umbrellas. A very clean and beautiful beach.

We did Passsion Island...it was beautiful..(of course Im a beach person...so I loved it)...it is where they film the Corona Commericals...there are beach chairs, hammocks, a bathroom/dressing room, a little market and a buffett lunch...and Coronas, and PassionPunch and Margaritas and soda are included...it is a nice little safe island which only caters to cruise line passengers...so the only people that are on the island are the cruise line guests and the 25-30 people who live/work there...

Id go again in a heartbeat! (and yes there is a bus and boat ride, but it goes quickly and the guides are great...joking and learning everyones name on the ride there while giving you an interesting history of the island and sights)

I'll see if I can find some of the pics I took when we were there this past April!

th_PassionIsland.jpg.242c90a5f2a1f343baed78e577f36b0a.jpg

We did Passion Island a couple of years ago and it was our favorite part of the cruise so we will definitely do it again next month, this time taking grandma.... The food was very good -- I remember fresh fruit, guacamole/salsa/chips, grilled chicken -- and the drinks great. There were tables and chairs in the shade (we played cards for a while) and nice floats to use in the water. There was also volleyball and some other activities which we enjoyed watching, and I seem to remember some beach vendors or simple little shops. The beach was lovely, the water clear and warm. All in all a lovely day -- can't wait to do it again!!! :)

Archived