Where did the boards go?

Norfolk Brit

I can't wait to see them - I love photographs:)

You might be sorry you said that Malcolm...I'm a notorious emailer of photos...mostly because I haven't a clue how to set them up online! :rolleyes: i just got 3 GB of memory and plan to fill them all up with QM2 and Caribbean photos.:D I AM READY!!!

Cheers, Penny

Being v. disciplined and back on topic (the earlier stuff was just a cunning diversionary tactic to cover up for the fact that I hadn't got a clue what the IT experts were talking about). I got an error message (but not the dreaded 'no service') first thing this morning when I tried to post this (and hadn't copied it; all your fault Malcolm for lulling me into a false sense of security:)). As an IT expert, do these happen when a few people try to post simultaneously? By the way, we're up in your neck of the woods Friday to Wednesday (York then Helmsley, God's own country); is the weather due to stay ok? For Penny's benefit, we are currently having a strangely warm autumn.

Regards, Mary

Is the weather due to stay ok?

We were watching the weather on Saturday. On Thursday the BBC were forecasting that it would be sunny, and weather.co.uk were forecasting showers. On Friday the BBC changed their forecast to rain. Saturday turned out to be a nice day with only a few spots. The forecast this weekends is mainly showers with the sun coming back on Wednesday (:( ), but todays forecast was the same and we've got bright sunshine.

Have you been to either York or Helmsley before? Do you know what you're getting or are you in for a nice surprise? Whichever - if you'd like to drop in for a coffee feel free to send me an email.:)

Oh don't talk about photos! Only kidding.

The other half is a photographic type and already pointed out the Photographer's Tour of Barbados on our QM2 cruise in December. We just got the preliminary documents last night! This is the guy who takes photos of every thing along the way and just bought a bigger memory card for the digital camera. I am sure we'll have a photographic journey to cherish forever - at least until the computer crashes and we loose all the pics? Not like that ever happened before! Gee, better start thinking positive thoughts.

David

Who tries hard to avoid being in the pics!

We were watching the weather on Saturday. On Thursday the BBC were forecasting that it would be sunny, and weather.co.uk were forecasting showers. On Friday the BBC changed their forecast to rain. Saturday turned out to be a nice day with only a few spots. The forecast this weekends is mainly showers with the sun coming back on Wednesday (:( ), but todays forecast was the same and we've got bright sunshine.

Have you been to either York or Helmsley before? Do you know what you're getting or are you in for a nice surprise? Whichever - if you'd like to drop in for a coffee feel free to send me an email.:)

Thanks for that; I've found the BBC website and local forecasts bear little resemblance to each other, which is why I asked.

We go 'oop North' to York/Helmsley every year at the end of October, and usually get decent weather. Always try to include some people-watching on Halloween in Whitby and fish and chips at the Magpie (Karie - they are to die for), last year in brilliant sunshine. Anyone reading this from outside the UK, this area is truly fabulous if you have a few days to spare.

Thanks for your kind offer; we are shopping in York all day on Saturday (poor old husband), then heading off to stay in Helmsley. However, you may have noticed that our delightful pet is at a loose end, so we'll drop him off; unfortunately, we will not be in a position to retrieve him after our holiday.

Thanks again, Mary

We go 'oop North' to York/Helmsley every year at the end of October, and usually get decent weather.

You'll know exactly how beautiful it can be then:)

Always try to include some people-watching on Halloween in Whitby

Do you know I'd never thought about Whitby on Halloween, when you mention it seems like the obvious place.

Fish and chips at the Magpie (Karie - they are to die for)

We've never been to the Magpie - the queues are always far too long. We've found the food to be quite good at that café at the far end of the fish quay or we'll eat somewhere like Bridlington where you also get good F&C.

We are shopping in York all day on Saturday (poor old husband)

Don't tell him I suggested it but there's a designer outlet just outside York. Both my mother and Paul's mother say you can get some excellent bargains there (and they're right;) ).

You may have noticed that our delightful pet is at a loose end, so we'll drop him off; unfortunately, we will not be in a position to retrieve him after our holiday.

By all means - We'd love to help out such a poor animal. I'm sure that he could find his own way home. He'd have a head start - 6 days to get back before you:D

We've never been to the Magpie - the queues are always far too long.

Get there at 11.30 and sit nonchantly on a wall opposite (so much more dignified than looking as if you are queuing). When queue gets about 15-deep send husband/partner to join it. When husband/partner reaches doorway join him. Dead simple.

By all means - We'd love to help out such a poor animal. I'm sure that he could find his own way home. He'd have a head start - 6 days to get back before you:D

He says he's a cat, not a b****y racing pigeon.

Do you ever wonder if we should get out more? Mary

PS oh dear.... I seem to have managed to get my text muddled up with your quote; useless at IT. Sorry.

We are shopping in York all day on Saturday (poor old husband)

Is there any chance you'll be there on the Sunday as well? It's a farmers market http://www.york.gov.uk/markets/farmers.html then and they're normally well worth visiting.

He says he's a cat, not a b****y racing pigeon

Cats, pigeons, they're all the same - I'll bet he'd rather walk home than spend a week here with me:D <evil grin>

The only thing I know about York is that I had a friend from 'round there who used to skydive at Ha'penny Green (Drop Zone) I don't even know if it still exists.

That cat isn't Black is it, Mary? Halloween and all.

If not, I'd be happy to send you my three black cats, you know, for the spirit of it and all. We are flying to Florida on Halloween, and if we send them to you, our neighbor won't have to look after them.

Karie,

Who wouldn't mind being less three cats- Don't tell Marc- But I've put up with them a good long time, since I am allergic! I am miserable at night with my head and sinuses just screaming! And we don't even let them in the bedroom!

And we don't even let them in the bedroom!

You mean that you do let them in the house:eek:

I have a friend (just the one:( ) who had a couple of kittens. She kept them in the attic, only allowed them downstairs on odd occasions and never let them out of the house. The cats appeared to be very happy with that arrangement.

Karie: Whatever you do, don't offer them to us! We already have two cats which I love dearly but believe are really the devil in disguise. Anyway, Richard would take them in without a second thought and I'd be overruned by these little creatures who plan to rule the world some day - if it wasn't for the fact that they bore easily and forget their conquests because its nap time.

We have a black cat too - appropriately named Midnight! Yes, with Halloween around the corner I keep reminding her that her big day is coming. I even know a few witches who live in this condo building but...........................we'll let that one slide for a bit shall we?

Anyway, I am sure all this pet talk has nothing to do with the original topic. BTW, what was the original topic?

David

Who does cry when something bad happens to his babies! (The hardest thing to do is to put a pet to sleep!)

Is there any chance you'll be there on the Sunday as well? It's a farmers market http://www.york.gov.uk/markets/farmers.html then and they're normally well worth visiting.

Thanks for excellent suggestion Malcolm; however, we'll be up on t' moors on Sunday for husband to recover from my shopping trip to York (we don't listen to much that you chaps say, but the words "and with all my worldly goods I thee endow" are etched firmly in my memory).

Mary

That cat isn't Black is it, Mary? Halloween and all.

If not, I'd be happy to send you my three black cats, you know, for the spirit of it and all. We are flying to Florida on Halloween, and if we send them to you, our neighbor won't have to look after them.

No, he's not black but a rather lurid shade of orange; bit of a problem blending him into the decor unless one is stuck in a 1970s time warp. Rather puzzingly Penny and Madonna have pulled out of adopting him, but you sound perfect, so he's on his way. No need to reciprocate; by the time he's been with you for a few days your cats will be gone. Is your government fussier than we are about who is allowed into the country, or is a tag on each leg and a few ASBOs ok?

Sorry, Mary.

We'll be in Key West by then. Could you just send him round to the fellow who lives way out in the woods behind us and have a go at his brutish dogs who bark all night long...loudly... and continuously?

And no outdoors unless they are already outdoor cats. Too many predators. We've had a lot of coyote sitings lately, and someone just killed a rabid one. Rabies in coyotes is rare, but this one was aggressive, bit joggers and came snarling at a forestman who was tending the woods of a big landowner (association or something) The foresterer bashed him with a logging tool and killed him. good thing. They sent him to the lab and he was rabid.

We also have a baby hawk in the woods nearby that is just about getting big enough to figure out how to kill something big for supper. (We live in the woods) Got turkeys and pheasants, deer, guinea hens, Perhaps Phileas might take him. He's down south of you!

Karie,

who has more than her share of animals around. The cats all started as ferals or offspring of ferals we hadn't trapped and fixed yet.

And my BT and Bugaboo can probably take your Martin. Miss Susie Q will run and hide.

Archived