Glide About

tradogna

Has anyone every heard or used the Glide about. I seen it on the internel and would love to know if anyone has used one. It is like a scooter, but small about 14 pounds and it runs by the use of one leg. I appreciate any information anyone has on it. Thank you. Teresa

It sounds like it is similar to the Roll-a-bout, which i used after foot and ankle surgeries. I found it less maddening than crutches or a walker when I needed to be non-weight-bearing on one foot/ankle. You can travel pretty fast, but on the rollabout the wheels do not turn. you have to pick up the front wheels to turn. It's narrow, so can be a bit tippy on irregular surfaces, so you have to pay some attention if you are not on a smooth surface. If really preserves (heck, builds) the thigh muscles.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know the roll-a-bout is NOT an off-road vehicle. You can cross a bit of grass or such, but it is not really rolling with weight on it. It was, however, okay on carpeting, especially on commercial-industrial type carpeting which is neither deep nor heavily padded. This includes all the cruise ship carpeting I've ever seen, so it should be okay on board a ship, but only good on sidewalks and paved roads ashore. Definitely not safe on cabblestones and such. Crutches would be better on those uneven surfaces.

Archived