Hey Ladies, Got Docs, Driving to port, Cross Pack??

Cruise Arizona

Hi ladies,

I got my Docs today!!!! So excited about the upcoming cruise!!!!

We are drivingto San Diego the day before. Do you think I still need to cross pack?

Has anybody had their luggage not make it from check-in to state room???

I couldn't be more excited!!!!! Mexican Riviera Here we come!!!

I've always made it a habit to cross-pack when our bags will be handled by anyone other than ourselves.

Just a few things in each others bag will suffice. A bathing suit, pair of pj's, change of undies and maybe one full outfit each.

Absitutely - Suppose your bag arrives before dinner the first night, but his doesn't, or vice versa? Sorry, I didn't check your sailing, but suppose more than one ship is in the port - the bags could get loaded onto different boats. That would be a real nightmare. :eek:

Someone on the HAL boards posted that story happening to her. She was going to Alaska & her bag went to Hawaii (on a Carnival ship, I think) from Vancouver. She had only the clothes on her back for the whole week. There was nothing to buy in Alaska because she was on one of the last trips there towards the end of September & all the shops were empty.

If you are already used to packing this way, what's the big deal not to continue? I always have & was stunned to learn that most couples we've spoken to don't. :confused:

Enjoy your packing for the next month & have a fantastic trip! :)

I would!! you can read what happened to us last month:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=420600

Talk about service! Le Parker Meridian (I love this hotel, especially the Central Park view rooms, Normas, the burger joint, AND the location) get a big thumbs up for shipping your big luggage bag to Boston!

Talk about service! Le Parker Meridian (I love this hotel, especially the Central Park view rooms, Normas, the burger joint, AND the location)

Seems that we also have the same taste in hotels:). Le Parker Meridian is one of my favorites in the city and the gym is superb!

Archived