okay newbie with another question

mommyjnny

I asked a question on the first timers board and got so much helpful response! Now I have narrowed my choise to Carnival. We are a fmaily of 4, my hubby and I are both 27 and our girls are 3, and 22 months at the time we want to travel. We are also going along with my parents.

I have it narrowed down to the Elation or the Inspiration. They both leave and return the same days, and there is just a little variance in total price. Elation goes to grand turk, half moon cay, and nassau. Inspiration goes to Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. We are wanting something where we will have a great time ( who isn't..) and hubby and I want to snorkel at one of the ports. Whick one is better for us?

Thanks so much for your help!:)

Oh and hubby wants to know if there is poker?

I love Grand Cayman and Cozumel, could care less if I ever return to the Bahamas. If I go on a cruise back to the bahamas I'll stay on the ship. I'm up early and get on the first tender in GC and Coz. The people are wonderful in both ports and are proud of their Islands. I have not been to Grand Turk so I can not comment on those. What ever you choose just enjoy yourself and have a wonderful first cruise, it won't be your last.

I love Grand Cayman and Cozumel, could care less if I ever return to the Bahamas. If I go on a cruise back to the bahamas I'll stay on the ship. I'm up early and get on the first tender in GC and Coz. The people are wonderful in both ports and are proud of their Islands. I have not been to Grand Turk so I can not comment on those. What ever you choose just enjoy yourself and have a wonderful first cruise, it won't be your last.

I agree I stay on the ship in the Bahamas and Also Jamaica

One thing to consider is whether you prefer sea days or port days. Looks like the Elation has 3 port days and Inspiration has only 2. So, Inspiration must have 1 more sea day than Elation, yeah? So, do you like to relax and have fun on the ship or would you rather do something on shore?

I have been to Cozumel and Grand Cayman and enjoyed both very much. Snorkeling in GC in quite good. Cozumel, we did Paradise Beach which was a very fun, relaxing day. I haven't been to the other places you mentioned, so can't help you out with those.

I'm sure whichever cruise you pick, you will have a wonderful time! Enjoy! :)

Yes it is a private island! No, it isn't Carnival Cruise Line's private island, it is Holland America's private island. Because HAL no longer cruises in the Caribbean in the Spring, Summer and early Fall, and since Carnival Corp. owns both lines, CCL uses the island during the time of year that HAL is in Alaska and Europe. I have sailed both itineraries and much prefer the Elation itinerary. Half Moon Cay is all the reason I need to select that itinerary, it is like heaven on earth! Want more info? Go to the Holland America board and search "Half Moon Cay" and you will get loads of information!

i love coz and gc... i have 4 crusies under my belt and each one is gone to coz and gc... i am now doing an eastern carbiean this year... we will see... love coz... cant say enough about a carlos and charlies... you will have great snorkling in coz.. and the string rays are great too...

steph

I agree with picking the Elation and it will be much easier with the kids than to tender at the Inspiration ports.

I totally agree - tendering would definately not be easy with two small children especially if you are carrying a stroller as well as the kids. I would be uncomfortable stepping from the ship onto the tender carrying a small child, especially if the water was the least bit rough. It can sometimes be quite a step.

We just got back from Nassau on Carnival Victory. We had our kids with us (16, 11, and 3). The only thing we found to do that was appropriate for our youngest in Nassau was Atlantis. The older kids loved it also. While I'm sure there are other things to do in Nassau, travelling with little ones is a TON different than travelling just as a couple (or with older kids only).

My DH and I have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. It was the two of us on that trip but we talked about how the kids would love it (Stingray City, the Turtle Farm, Hell, 7-mile beach... etc.)

For what it's worth... I would choose that itinerary... if you do go to the Bahamas, I agree you would probably have more fun staying on the ship with your kids.

Just was on the Elation in September and went snorkeling in Grand Turks. Having been snorkeling in other parts of Turks, I was very disappointed in the snorkeling there. That being said Caymen did get hit hard by the hurricanes in the last couple of years so I am not sure if the snorkeling there has improved since the storms hit. Either ship you will have fun.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived