How many pairs of shoes do you bring ?

Ok well I'm packed and I have 1 pair of ballet flats and one pair of boots and I'm wearing one pair of comfy "walking style shoe". All black.

DH has packed one pair walking shoe, one pair dressy shoe and is wearing his white sneakers to drive because it's the only pair of shoes that don't hurt is foot on long drives since his foot accident/operation and yes he may even walk around NYC during the day with them on like the last time. In fact I encourage him to do so if it means his foot won't hurt and he is comfy. It's the day time and even Fred's at Barney's let's him in at lunch and had no problems with it. (For those who don't know this place, it's a hot spot at lunch).

We are going for a full week. We are driving.

We will be appropriately dressed and not break any of the suggested dress codes. We will be dining in upscale restaurants and going to theater and well if I have the energy I am going to go to Bungalow 8.

I never even considered bringing more shoes and I love shoes.

I think it's a personal choice as to how many a person brings. I don't want to bother packing and unpacking more so that's enough for me.

This is my first cruise and I am starting to get concerned. I normally take about 5-7 pairs of shoes on a 4 day vacation and this is after elimination. I am taking a 6 night cruise and this information is a little overwhelming.

Generally, I try to stick with black dressy shoes, flip flops (1-2 pair), tennis shoes, dressy sandals, white and black casual shoes. No water shoes needed.

Can I stick with my normal routine, or should I bring extra just in case?:confused:

I guess I have to explain myself. Lets face it a lot of people have more shoes than they need. On a seven day cruise I have seen (friends) and heard (threads) of people bringing a separate bag for all of the shoes. On thread one writer stated she used 4 dress shoes in one evening. One for cocktails one for supper one for dancing and one for relaxing after. She was also very open and proud of the fact that she changed so main time, she took delight in the quires of the other ladies.

Lets face it some go over board with trying to impress other while on a cruise. Nothing wrong with that they have paid for it, enjoy it.

To me as long as it is clean and professional it will do. So I go to relax not impress anyone!!

This is my first cruise and I am starting to get concerned. I normally take about 5-7 pairs of shoes on a 4 day vacation and this is after elimination. I am taking a 6 night cruise and this information is a little overwhelming.

Generally, I try to stick with black dressy shoes, flip flops (1-2 pair), tennis shoes, dressy sandals, white and black casual shoes. No water shoes needed.

Can I stick with my normal routine, or should I bring extra just in case?:confused:

Stick with your normal routine. You seem to have all area's covered.

Have a great cruise.

I think I am taking the following:

Flip flops for the pool

Beige flip flops for casual

Sports/walking sandals for excursions

Black sandals for evenings

Silver sandals for formal nights

I think i will probably wear either trainers (sneakers) for the flight or boots depending on how I feel nearer the time.

Makes 6 in total, unless I think I "need" another pair :D

Hubby brings (3):

Sneakers (which he wears on board)

Black loafers which he wears with his suit.

Flip flops for pool or spa

I bring (6):

White sneakers (for any boating we may do)

Black thong sandals

Tan thong sandals

Black patent leather strappy sandals (formal nights) 2-1/2" heel

White strappy sandals (if I bring white pants or capris)

Flip flops for pool or spa

I wear a 6-1/2 so I can fit alot of shoes around the edge of the suitcase.

In the past I've brought way too many shoes and didn't wear them, so now I stick to the basics.

3 pair: 1 pair of sneakers for travel, walking on the ship, sightseeing, etc. 1 pair of dress shoes for formal night/evenings in the formal dining room. 1 pair of sandals or flip flop type shoes for going to the pool on the ship or being on a beach. That's it! I like to save room for other things in my suitcase. 8-)

Archived