Holiday decoration

dj cruise

My step daughter and I were on board the Inspiration December 10 2005, It was wonderful with all the Christmas decorations and a big tree in the atrium. Her birthday is very close to Thanksging so this was her birthday cruise from me and her dad. We had a ball.:)

Thanks for all the info we can't wait

anyone know how the weather is in Key West and Nassau Late November?

We did Celebration last year that ended on Thanksgiving day. They did already have some Christmas decorations up.

The weather was not so good...but I think it is the luck of the draw that time of the year. We've done a Western Carrib around the same time and it was really hot. Last year, Key West was warm and muggy, but cloudy. Nassau was sunny, but cold and windy. Not enough to make us not go again at the same time! We leave for the Bahamas on Sensation Nov. 19!

Pix from our Celebration cruise last year are at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mommy3...=/7c90&.src=ph

There are 4 albums, so be sure to go back to "back to my photos" to view them all.

Happy cruising!

Hubby and I were on a Holland America Zaandam cruise for Thanksgiving and our Anniversary in 2004, We went to Jamaica, Grand Caymen,Playa de Carman, and there privite island Half Moon Cay in the bahamas.

Jamaica was wonderful, water was warm even at Dunns River Falls.

Grand Cayman had just reopened after a hurricane:( , was not too much to see at the time, have since been back and had a blast with the stingrays. (That was in December 2005 on Carnival Inspiration)

Playa we went to Tulum, excellent tour, water was grand there too.

Then the Half Moon Cay Bahamas, out tour was cancelled due to rough water, Storm was at sea, It was over cast and chilly. Tried the water for about 30 sec. wrapped a towel around myself and back to the ship I went.

Just wanted to let you know what it was like in late November when I went. Still had a grand time. Cruising is the best vacation and anytime is great with this gal.

Going to the southern ports this year, 10 days till Carnival Destiny out of San Juan. wooohoooo, halloween on a ship, too cool.:D

We loved the Inspiration. Just the right size and length of time for us. We missed Grand Cayman due to the weather and went to Progresso instead. I think I would have preferred Grand Cayman. We were one of the first ships into Cozumel after Wilma. Tendering was a pain but it was interesting to see the effects of the hurricane and Paridise Beach was beautiful. Loved our servers. DD(9) cried on the last day because she had become so attached to our assistant server Sue. We had a beautiful formal picture taken of the kids on the staircase in the atrium (it was all decorated for Christmas). DS(12) Got to yell I got BO for my DB when he won at BINGO and had a great laugh when DD got other DB up on stage to do the Austin Powers dance class with her. The video of that will be shown at many family get-togethers. Food was what you pay for. Not the best I've had but certainly not bad. Loved the omelet station and kids were addicted to the icecream machine. DD went to camp carnival once and was not interested in going back. DS did not go at all. We are booked on the Elation in December and hope to have as much fun there as we did on the Inspiration.:)

Archived