Pride or Spirit?

CrusinAgain

We have been on the Miracle and loved her but we live out here in the West but still would need to fly to catch a ship. Closest would be California and I see two different ships. I know these are like the Miracle but they offer different ports and probably different service. Which one did you find was the best?

I haven't been on Spirit, but we loved our Pride cruise! We also did the Miracle and loved it as well. Since Miracle, Pride and Spirit are all sister ships (Spirit Class), the layout is the same.

I know that at least part of the year, Spirit sails an 8-day itinerary. Pride is a 7-day itinerary.

We found the service on both the Pride and the Miracle to be wonderful. We actually liked the decor of the Pride better. The ports in the Mexican Riviera are different than the Caribbean, but still a lot of fun. The water is warmer in the Caribbean beaches than the Mexican Riviera. But you can still swim and have lots of fun in the Mexican Riviera ports.

Good luck! :)

We sailed on the Spirit to Alaska this past August. The ship was spectacular. Decorated in an Art Deco style. The rooms were spacious with plenty of storage. The staff was great - the ship was clean - the food was good - the variety of activities had something for everyone. Can't compare to the others but you wouldn't be disappointed with the Spirit.

I have sailed on the Pride to Mexico and the Spirit to Alaska. They are basically the same. Beautiful ships with great crews.

Enjoyed Alaska much more than Mexico but that is a very subjective thing.

I think your decision would be your destination. That would decide the ship.

Living in California, we've sailed both ships. They are both great. I would have to give a little edge to the Pride as far as the staff goes - but by no means is that a put down to the Spirit (also a great crew). In fact, we are sailing the Spirit again this year because we love the 8 day vs. the 7 day. Who knew 1 day would make such a difference, but it does.

The Long Beach cruise terminal (Pride) is much, much easier to deal with than the San Diego terminal (Spirit).

Either way - I think you'll have a great cruise!

We have been on the Miracle and loved her but we live out here in the West but still would need to fly to catch a ship. Closest would be California and I see two different ships. I know these are like the Miracle but they offer different ports and probably different service. Which one did you find was the best?

Since the Pride and the Spirit are sister ships, there is probably no difference there. I was on the Spirit and loved it but I much prefer the itinerary of the Pride. Never been on the Pride but it has the same itinerary as the cruise I took on the Elation back in 2001.

The Long Beach cruise terminal (Pride) is much, much easier to deal with than the San Diego terminal (Spirit).

Sorry, don't understand that statement. Have left out of both and never had problems with either. As a matter of fact, the San Diego one is not as busy so checking in was a breeze.

Living in California, we've sailed both ships. They are both great. I would have to give a little edge to the Pride as far as the staff goes - but by no means is that a put down to the Spirit (also a great crew). In fact, we are sailing the Spirit again this year because we love the 8 day vs. the 7 day. Who knew 1 day would make such a difference, but it does.

Either way - I think you'll have a great cruise!

Thats funny....we thought San Diego was the easist terminal we have ever sailed out of:D And it was during spring break...go figure.

Haven't been on the Pride, but was on the Spirit in Jan 06. LOVED the ship and the staff. Definitely have plans to sail on the Spirit again.

The pier in San Diego is just 5 minutes from the airport. It was so easy and smooth to check in and board.

DH and I did the Spirit Hawaiian cruise back to Vancouver in 2004. We have been on lots of cruise lines and loved the Spirit - so much so that we have booked the Legend's Nov 24th sailing - sister ship.

The crew was fantastic and I am hoping the crew on the Legend is also a great bunch.

Carnival gives you a lot of bang for your buck.

So we have been on the Spirit. It was our first cruise and so we may be biased, because that is where we fell in love with the cruise experience. We were on the Elation, it was nothing like the Spirit class ship.

The itinerary for the Spirit to Mexico is nice if you like hot weather. (We were there in November and it was still very hot.)

We are headed to the Pride in 10 days and that itinerary is also very hot, just places we've not been to. We are so excited to see her!

I have always said a cruise is what you make of it!

I will cruise the Spirit again...and not because she parks in my backyard, either!

So it sounds like it boils down to the ports which I don't know which set of Ports are the don't want to miss ones.

The Pride is:

Long Beach, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas

The Spirit is:

San Diego, Acapulco, Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo, Manzanillo

Looks like the major ones is Acapulco and Puerto Vallarta?

Daughter does like warm water and is there swimming with the dolphins at any of these?

So it sounds like it boils down to the ports which I don't know which set of Ports are the don't want to miss ones.

The Pride is:

Long Beach, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas

The Spirit is:

San Diego, Acapulco, Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo, Manzanillo

Looks like the major ones is Acapulco and Puerto Vallarta?

Daughter does like warm water and is there swimming with the dolphins at any of these?

Also Spirit does a 7 day itinerary once a year (Sunday to Sunday) --- April 8, 2007 (Easter Sunday) that does Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas, and La Paz.

Just an FYI.

There are places to swim with the dolphins for both itineraries. The water is warm all the way from Mazatlan to Acapulco.

You will have fun on either ship. The Spirit IS an extra day, though!! An extra day at sea is always better than going back to work!

Sorry, don't understand that statement. Have left out of both and never had problems with either. As a matter of fact, the San Diego one is not as busy so checking in was a breeze.

Okay... what part of the statement was confusing to you? Or did you just not agree? How about if I expand on it...

The San Diego cruise terminal is okay IF everything is running perfect and on-time, otherwise the place is a zoo. As it is small with no on-site parking, the departing passengers must be off the ship with their bags before departing passengers can even drop their bags with a porter - this means if they are running late, you must go park accross the street and then drag your bags back across the street and wait in a long line for them to take them (at some point). The terminal staff is pretty good - they just need much more room.

In comparison, the Long Beach terminal can deal with the overlapping time when there are people arriving with luggage and people departing (at the same time) - no problem for them.... And how about the early check-in @ the QM? Fantastic system.

Okay - so hopefully that clears up the confusion... Or if you just didn't agree then now you can not agree even more. (no problem, I'm used to it).

Archived